General Joey Beauchamp Cambridge match

Just want to reiterate that getting there early will be key. Sue it is shutting down her stall before 2.30pm, there will be things going on well before kickoff, so don't leave it late if you can help it.

I guess a lot will depend on what the family want, but if we're going for a poignant song ahead of the game then maybe something like this

with Joey's liking for a 'flutter' ... maybe this one is worth a consideration for airing?

Intruders - Win Place or Show

with Joey's liking for a 'flutter' ... maybe this one is worth a consideration for airing?

Intruders - Win Place or Show

Great Phillie track by the Intruders there Sarge.

I'll Always Love My Mama was also a greatly underrated track by them. Saw them at The California Ballrooms, Dunstable back in the day, what a place that was!

Great Phillie track by the Intruders there Sarge.

I'll Always Love My Mama was also a greatly underrated track by them. Saw them at The California Ballrooms, Dunstable back in the day, what a place that was!
think we were both at that same show at the Cali' @Colin B ... there was generally a fair few from Ox postcodes there at most gigs at the California Ballrooms back then

For those of you watching on Ifollow, wanting to see the display, I raised the issue of pre-match adverts potentially interrupting the feed. They have been in touch with the EFL who have agreed to remove the adverts ahead of the game so that the tributes to Joey will not be interrupted.
Well done Club and EFL.

Despite this fine intention it was business as usual on ifollow, adverts as usual until 1455.

I couldn’t be prouder of the club and OUFC community than I am today. They handled the situation with grace and humility. Staff, management and players were faultless. Radio Oxford’s team were similarly right on the money. Listening on the way home to Jerome’s voice cracking with emotion brought further tears to my cheeks. He, Nick and Nathan love our club. You could hear it in every word.

Lastly, the fans gave everything they could to honour Joey. It was a sight to behold. The Fanatics group - thank you for stepping forward this season, your timing is impeccable.

The sight io his family walking across the pitch will live with me forever. What a thing to have to do. I’m sure you all, like me, just wanted to hug them.

As goodbyes go, it was one befitting of our Joey and well done to everyone for making it so.

Utter disgrace.

Appreciate the sentiment here but its more of a shame than a disgrace, this was an opportunity for
fans around the world to share a moment that was precious, i had radox telling me that the Beauchamp
family were on the pitch and my ifollow showing a papa johns pizza add, you know the one with the
catchline, the more you eat, the fatter you get ! Opportunity missed.

But no use crying over spilt milk, its done and we move on.

I couldn’t be prouder of the club and OUFC community than I am today. They handled the situation with grace and humility. Staff, management and players were faultless. Radio Oxford’s team were similarly right on the money. Listening on the way home to Jerome’s voice cracking with emotion brought further tears to my cheeks. He, Nick and Nathan love our club. You could hear it in every word.

Lastly, the fans gave everything they could to honour Joey. It was a sight to behold. The Fanatics group - thank you for stepping forward this season, your timing is impeccable.

The sight io his family walking across the pitch will live with me forever. What a thing to have to do. I’m sure you all, like me, just wanted to hug them.

As goodbyes go, it was one befitting of our Joey and well done to everyone for making it so.

^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Too everyone involved, thank you.

I can only echo what everyone else has said on here about the sadness of this past week and how proud I am to be a fellow yellow.

The scenes yesterday were a credit to our club, a credit to our fans and a credit to Cambridge too, they “got it”, unlike Sam Smith, who I think was too “THICK“ to grasp the mood.

To see Joey’s family and children walk on that pitch yesterday was truly heartbreaking.

RIP JB

The final push for the playoffs is for you.

COYY’s

We were proper class yesterday in saying our goodbyes to Joey - faultless in everything. Cambridge played their part too and were very respectful, maybe their player who chose to do a bit of arm stretching for half the minutes applause could have waited but that’s being a bit picky.

Really felt for Joeys dad (I assume it was his dad ?), he understandably looked in bits and there cannot be much worse than losing a son or daughter - at any age. Robbo was great and a lovely touch to collect Joeys daughters for the post match walk around.

We were proper class yesterday in saying our goodbyes to Joey - faultless in everything. Cambridge played their part too and were very respectful, maybe their player who chose to do a bit of arm stretching for half the minutes applause could have waited but that’s being a bit picky.

Really felt for Joeys dad (I assume it was his dad ?), he understandably looked in bits and there cannot be much worse than losing a son or daughter - at any age. Robbo was great and a lovely touch to collect Joeys daughters for the post match walk around.
Big Joe (Joeys Dad) is an amazing guy. Lived in the same council house in Cutteslowe for as long as I remember. He followed Joey from Summertown Stars, then would go to nearly every home Youth, Reserve and 1st team game if Joey was playing. Would pop into the clubhouse before and after the game at the Manor to see Joey after the game. They also have had a couple of bereavements over the last couple of years.

I am proud to know all of them.

If the guy who did the Oxford pictures with kemar roofe and Massey / moody does a picture of Joey looking over his England I’d pay top money for it with a donation going to mind.

Back
Top Bottom