Ex Player London Road Stand Sign - Auction for the Joey Beauchamp Trust Fund

O

OxfordYankee

I'm auctioning my London Road sign. All proceeds will go to the Joey Beauchamp Trust Fund. Please bid/share this to raise awareness of the auction and let's raise a fitting amount for this unique piece. It hung above the Left Side (best side, obvs). This was purchased at the auction held on the pitch before The Manor was demolished.

Any sharing you can do on social media to raise awareness of the auction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

A bump to this.

Imagine the sign in your living room. Your partner/family would just adore it, I’m sure.

Well worth the current price, there are only 2 and I know who has the other. (y)

I have a "large" Oxford United fridge magnet. It was "acquired" from the advertising sign outside Roots Hall - its not as big as this. :ROFLMAO:

Bid, bid,bid!

Obviously a pic from 85 to 88 because of the over the top fencing.

Remember Ken Bates at Chelsea wanted to electrify the wire on top. :ROFLMAO:

Also remember the coin netting hung from the LRT roof........... and the TV bank that "worked" for about 1.5 games.

Anyone remember Ox Uni playing Somerset (Garner, Botham et al) in an exhibition cricket match? Think it was almost a trial for a "small" version of the game...

Action at The Manor v Chelsea, February 1976. Not sure if this is football or an early version of Riverdance however...

oxford-united-v-chelsea.jpg

Remember Ken Bates at Chelsea wanted to electrify the wire on top. :ROFLMAO:

Also remember the coin netting hung from the LRT roof........... and the TV bank that "worked" for about 1.5 games.

Anyone remember Ox Uni playing Somerset (Garner, Botham et al) in an exhibition cricket match? Think it was almost a trial for a "small" version of the game...

I remember the Uni playing the Cavaliers on a Sunday in the early 60's. Iirc, this was a team of professional cricketers including many well-known faces.

At the time of posting, there are 4 hours and 40 minutes left to bid on a piece of history and support Joey's daughters. It's at £961 at the moment, which is a lot of money, but hopefully, it will cross the £1k barrier and beyond by the time it ends.

So if you have the spare cash and want to help push this auction higher for a great cause, please bid here:

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom