General Joey Beauchamp Cambridge match

The picture of the young lad looking at the picture of Joey should be put in for an award, made me shed a tear.
Have to agree a very poignant moment captured. It should be put up inside the stadium.

Yesterday was tough when Joey's two girls brought the flowers out I ent ashamed to admit I shed a tear I was stood with my little lad and it's moment like that you appreciate what you've got
On a more happy note I think we should every home game 11min clap for joey one of our own to keep.his spirit alive what do people think

Yesterday was tough when Joey's two girls brought the flowers out I ent ashamed to admit I shed a tear I was stood with my little lad and it's moment like that you appreciate what you've got
On a more happy note I think we should every home game 11min clap for joey one of our own to keep.his spirit alive what do people think

Yes that was a tough moment but so fitting they had an opportunity to do so on the day.

Although it’s a nice idea, personally I don’t think we should make the 11th minute applause a weekly thing. It’ll lose its impact and context - am sure the club will be considering a memorial game at some point so that’ll be the next natural point for fans to collectively show their support.

Plus, a few Beauchamp songs during games would I’m sure go down well.

Yes that was a tough moment but so fitting they had an opportunity to do so on the day.

Although it’s a nice idea, personally I don’t think we should make the 11th minute applause a weekly thing. It’ll lose its impact and context - am sure the club will be considering a memorial game at some point so that’ll be the next natural point for fans to collectively show their support.

Plus, a few Beauchamp songs during games would I’m sure go down well.
Yeah I agree with you, I was fortunate enough to see most of joeys 80 goals, that’s my memory of him, well that and bumping into him in fifth avenue a few times.

Excellent photo gallery of yesterdays emotional pre match tributes to Joey ....

Agreed a fantastic photo gallery. I'd suggest quite a few of our younger supporters have learnt a lot about Joey and what a legend he is for this club.

As an aside, that has nailed it for me. Should we get a new stadium then the Ox statue has to be re-erected there.

Agreed a fantastic photo gallery. I'd suggest quite a few of our younger supporters have learnt a lot about Joey and what a legend he is for this club.

As an aside, that has nailed it for me. Should we get a new stadium then the Ox statue has to be re-erected there.
And hopefully learnt that if life gets the better of you you can talk.

Rather than a clap, I feel the "Joeeey, Joey Beauchamp on the wing" song on the 11th minute it be better.

Perhaps against other views but once the match started I was glad it was back to a game of football. I was wondering if the game would stop on 11 minutes but it didn’t and even though the Cambridge goalie had the ball , he carried on with play.

Perhaps both managers sent the players out with the message that once the whistle blows it is a game to play and win.

Hence Sam Smith’s celebration. I don’t think he was disrespecting JB, more like he was in the zone.

Perhaps against other views but once the match started I was glad it was back to a game of football. I was wondering if the game would stop on 11 minutes but it didn’t and even though the Cambridge goalie had the ball , he carried on with play.

Perhaps both managers sent the players out with the message that once the whistle blows it is a game to play and win.

Hence Sam Smith’s celebration. I don’t think he was disrespecting JB, more like he was in the zone.
He knew he wanted to P**s the fans off because of his tenure with us in the past but he should have also thought about the day and the significance of the day. He’s still an arsewipe though, at the end of the day he should have been booked for inciting the fans. Any fan could have become silly with the emotion and jumped the fence and stuck one on him.

Any fan could have become silly with the emotion and jumped the fence and stuck one on him.
Then that's fan would have been more the arsewipe at the end of the day Smith scores two goals against a team that it didn't work out for him he celebrated he was in the zone he'd just put his team in front he wasn't being disrespectful to Joey he was letting us fans know who he was

Then that's fan would have been more the arsewipe at the end of the day Smith scores two goals against a team that it didn't work out for him he celebrated he was in the zone he'd just put his team in front he wasn't being disrespectful to Joey he was letting us fans know who he was
Don’t give a dam he shouldn’t have done that it’s a booking first and foremost and you are in such a minority in your views.
Sorry I go T mean to come across bolshy but everyone around me thought he was out of order, if he had celebrated in the middle of the park or even ran towards the Cambridge fans than ok he’s entitled to celebrate but not like that in front of the opposition supporters. Thankfully no fan jumped onto the pitch to give him a slap…..but they could have.

I agree.

I didn’t see it as a direct intention to show disrespect, but he was certainly too thick to read the mood and act accordingly.

He didn’t need to celebrate like that in front of the London Road. Quite rightly he got some stick because it pissed a lot of us off.

I agree.

I didn’t see it as a direct intention to show disrespect, but he was certainly too thick to read the mood and act accordingly.

He didn’t need to celebrate like that in front of the London Road. Quite rightly he got some stick because it pissed a lot of us off.
I also think he was told to apologise by Bonner.

I also think he was told to apologise by Bonner.

To be fair, celebrating like that in front of oppo fans on any given day is going to draw some stick. Standard stuff.

But seeing it yesterday just pissed me off more than usual because of what had just gone before.

Maybe I am too sensitive.

In the grand scheme of things It was just a blip on a very poignant day.

Don’t give a dam he shouldn’t have done that it’s a booking first and foremost and you are in such a minority in your views.
Sorry I go T mean to come across bolshy but everyone around me thought he was out of order, if he had celebrated in the middle of the park or even ran towards the Cambridge fans than ok he’s entitled to celebrate but not like that in front of the opposition supporters. Thankfully no fan jumped onto the pitch to give him a slap…..but they could have.
Should he have been booked probably for inciting the fans was he being disrespectful to Joey nope not in my opinion was he told by his manager most definitely do I give a s**t about his celebration not really because we had the last laugh was I pissed off yesterday at his celebration yes but I didn't think he was being disrespectful to Joey and I still don't if I'm in a minority then that's good we don't all need to be sheep

Should he have been booked probably for inciting the fans was he being disrespectful to Joey nope not in my opinion was he told by his manager most definitely do I give a s**t about his celebration not really because we had the last laugh was I pissed off yesterday at his celebration yes but I didn't think he was being disrespectful to Joey and I still don't if I'm in a minority then that's good we don't all need to be sheep
Opinions differ

I tend to agree. In a minority but I don't like the applause during the game.
As you say the game is going on and the players tend to ignore the applause and carry on playing.
What happens if there is a goal or dodgy penalty decision 30 seconds into the 1 minute applause?
The rest of yesterday, I thought was fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom