Ex Player #11 Joey Beauchamp RIP

Absolutely devastating.

I also hope he knew he was truly adored by thousands and thousands of people.

There are lots of Joe's, Joseph's and Joey's growing up all named due to the influence Mr Beauchamp had on Oxfordshire. There is no doubting he left his mark on all of us.

A talent destined for the Premier League and potentially even England, but the heart of the man belonged to Oxford.

RIP Joey.

And if any positive can come from this tragic news, it's the hope that people can seek help if they are going through hard times, the world is a better place without losing lives too soon. Reach out to friends and family if you are struggling, and family includes everyone who supports OUFC

He was a guest in the lounges on more than one occasion, always opened up and talked about his struggle with ill health and how it affected his life.
Very, very sad to learn of his passing. Hopefully his family will be ok.

RIP A real OUFC hero.

So very sad. An absolute legend. Just one of those sublime players who could make magic happen and an absolute privilege to watch him do it too.

Rest in peace Joey.

Absolutely broken by this shocking news. He was an idol to me as a child - local, humble and he got you off your feet every game.

That last part is what it’s all about. He was a genius on the pitch. Made you proud to be a fan of this great club. Our greatest son.

Just looked down from reading the news, and what do I see through wet eyes?

3489106df80ec2d3b206748de8cb8ac8.jpg

If anyone hasn’t seen the video in the link below, watch it. It’s a brilliant overview of Joey’s career but most importantly tackles the problems that so many us will encounter with our mental health. It’s OK to talk. Always remember this.

Blackpool though.

The most iconic goal in the club’s history and it was an honour to watch it from the Beech Road Terrace as it arced into the net from the heavens.

Statue of this outside the new ground then? It’s perfect, it needs to happen.

4d5a0036923975a994127d27553141e3.jpg

RIP Joey x

Last edited:
So, so sad..

An absolutely mesmerising winger whose performances got me hooked on OUFC. My favourite football memory is me as a 13 year old watching him completely bamboozle full backs as he got ever closer to the London Road goal. For a period of time he seemed to have the beating of every fullback. A special talent.

I played as a 14 year old with his brother at Summertown Stars. Occasionally he came down with his Dad, I was absolutely star struck.

He said in an interview I’ve just watched ‘all I wanted to do was play for Oxford’. We knew that Joey, we know you had to leave to save the club, you managed to come back and give us even more magic moments.

I feel so sorry for your family and children, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

I hope you are looking down on us Joey, and I hope you can see the pride that we have because you were one of us. You gave joy to thousands of us, you were so very special and will be hugely missed.

Rest in peace.

Last edited:
I never had the pleasure of witnessing Joey on the football pitch myself, but there was an aura around his name unlike any other player, and previous posts are a testament to his ability as a footballer. A true club legend in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
Joey Beauchamp is one of the main reasons I support Oxford united - growing up in the 90’s I supported Man Utd (like most kids did who didn’t know any better) my dad didn’t support Oxford (he likes football didn’t really support a team - had a soft spot for QPR) knowing I loved football he took me to watch some Oxford games and as a 10/11 year old in the mid 90’s watching in the London road end Joey just lit up that manor ground and every time he got the ball you were expecting magic to happen - he is the reason I fell in love with Oxford.
For many people my age Joey was probably their first footballing hero - and to this day the best player I have seen in an Oxford shirt. Rest in peace Joey - thank you for the magic and memories that you bought to me and many others.

Rest in peace Joey. I am too young to have had the privilege of watching your magic on the pitch. But hearing all the stories from family and my friends on here brings a tear to my eye. A true Yellow and Blue legend.

Joey Beauchamp to me was a very special player.
I will always treasure the memory of his goal against Swindon in the match that marked his return in a wonderful 3-0 win.
His sublime goal against Reading in a 2-1 win. It was an evening game I attended with a Reading fan.What a brilliant solo goal.
Then the two he scored against Millwall in a 3-0 win. Had his shirt torn off his back and a Millwall player sent off.
Happy days and very much one of our own.
Rest in peace Joey and much love to the family from all the Oxford fans

Joey Beauchamp to me was a very special player.
I will always treasure the memory of his goal against Swindon in the match that marked his return in a wonderful 3-0 win.
His sublime goal against Reading in a 2-1 win. It was an evening game I attended with a Reading fan.What a brilliant solo goal.
Then the two he scored against Millwall in a 3-0 win. Had his shirt torn off his back and a Millwall player sent off.
Happy days and very much one of our own.
Rest in peace Joey and much love to the family from all the Oxford fans
Great memories

Back
Top Bottom