Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/04/2018 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Match Day Thread +++

Scenario 1: We were unlucky and robbed blind tonight
Scenario 2: Fleetwood turned up knowing that they'd weather our storm and get a chance of their own.

It's up to the team to prove that scenario 1 is the truer scenario; meanwhile I'll try to forget everything I've seen this season.

Agree with others. Just got home and feel totally mugged. That hurt. Just can’t score. I’ve give the team credit for effort tonight. There are 4 teams deservedly at the bottom of the league. I still think we will stay up - just

On the plus side, imagine if it all goes down to Blackburn :ROFLMAO:

Utter pandemonium in the away end if we pull it off.

This is what football is all about. Kind of enjoying this ride, in a really horrible way.

(The win will come vs Rochdale)
Have you seen how Rochdale have been doing lately?

I’ve given myself a bit of thinking time on the journey back home before posting anything.

Hemmings - it probably was the wrong decision not to recall him, simply because he would be another option and number in the squad to call upon, but does anyone slagging the club off for not getting him back here honestly believe he would be the answer?

Would our position be much better if Hemmings was in the side?

This, remember, is the same player that many were slagging on when in the side last season, complaining that he didn’t move, only scored in the checkatrade etc etc

I don’t think he would have made that much difference, I don’t think he’s a bad player, but I also don’t think he’s the saviour he’s being made out to be.

Karl Robinson - anyone who thinks this is down to him and is blaming him for losing the games we have done, or saying there’s been no improvement is, in my opinion, clueless.

Tonight that side worked hard, created chances, got into a lot of good areas out wide etc which are vast improvements on where we were before his arrival.

Where I saw the main difference tonight though, was that we looked solid for most of the game, Eastwood made two good saves but on the most part we looked comfortable defensively.

The shape was good, we pressed in twos and threes and generally made it difficult for fleetwood to create good opportunities.

We defended set pieces well enough, an area that has been extremely hurtful to our chances this season. We even looked like scoring from a couple.

Players effort - I keep seeing that we have players who don’t care and aren’t putting In the effort because they won’t be here next season. I disagree, I think every player who wasn’t out there tonight worked hard, we just don’t have the quality to be able to see games through at the moment.

Wes Thomas is one who seems to get this accusation levelled at him more than others, but on numerous occasions he was tracking back and helping out down our left side. He also ran the channels well enough and managed to win us some good possession in forward areas. What he will never do is be a target man so when we ask him to do this it’s not going to work.

Tonight’s game - not a huge amount to add really to what’s already been said, controlled parts of it and never really felt like they were going to lose it. I’ve expressed my reservations before but Rob Dickie deserves a mention, probably should have scored but defensively I thought he was excellent again.

My main hope is that the players are able to forget how they are feeling after losing a game in that manner and go into Saturdays game with some confidence, which after that performance they should.

We played as well as we were capable of but we aren’t very good. Unlucky to lose but needed to create more real chances

Disappointing result, improved performance. Where can we buy a goal from?

Conundrum for Robinson is whether to keep the general shape of a team that's improved and shown some spirit or change it for a bit more forward menace. At least we haven't got a new management team that's brought Scott Gemmill and a bunch of unfit journeymen in (except N'toya) on a wave of false hope.

We can do this.

Nightmare for the lads, I have to say we probably wouldn't score if the game was still going on now. Sh#t result after all the good work.

The side looks half way decent under Robinson - some real fluency in the play tonight.

if we can keep that standard up we ought to be fine. But we can’t buy a goal and that is very troubling.

We also always have individual mistakes in our locker - it’s time to drop Mousinho.

Far too gung ho at the end: Kane was miles out of position for their goal - it was a brilliant goal nonetheless.

Man of the match
-
Mowatt - his best game for the club .

I presume the people saying how bad we are didn't see the game. We did not deserve to lose and the effort from everyone was first class.

Apart from Obika.

Oh, and Lesdon really needs to know how to use composure. Just think we need to swop him and Brannagan around.

Just feels that the writing is on the wall at the moment, and tonight’s result felt the same when their keeper made that save against Thomas and we all knew the script once McAleny came on.

Real shame for the players, management and of course the fans!

Just hope we can find 4 or 5 points from our remaining games to help us survive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom