Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/4/2018 Wigan v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Really gutted we are 5 mins from time and taking risks against such a dangerous team!! Why?! Fleetwood now Wigan. Lost 2 points from losing the ball in silly areas!

Pep vs Wigan 0-7
Pep’s last 7 games 7 points I believe.
We deserved a point tonight, no question,but .....

...we didn’t. No good having a good game when we come away with zilch. Sorry but that’s the harsh reality.

I just hope we aren’t sitting back admiring our improved performances in L2! Results are king.
I imagine you would write a very short match report for tonight then.... 'We lost.' Anything else would be a waste of time I guess.

Very easy to focus on how we lost that, but the whole team had run their socks off and mistakes happen when players get tired. One loose pass and that ultimately cost us. On the whole, that was a proper battling performance and we were punished by a side with some excellent players, who were otherwise nullified for the majority of the match.

Canice Carroll was an inspired emergency centre forward choice! Ran until he could barely walk. He will sleep well tonight.

Same grit and determination at Donny and we could be safe before the Rochdale game. Proud of the way Robinson got them playing tonight despite the result.

Last edited:
Expecting a sell out on Saturday according to Offical Twitter. If your planning on going buy soon

Squad selection strange. Ok there was a case for freshening up but why not 1 or 2 of Wes /Obika/Henry on bench?

Mehmeti is a waste of space and as for Buckley Ricketts ..,,

How did Carroll play?

Sickened at the end.

Wigan were good and dominated the first half, but not great.

Back four looked good. Nelson and Dickie won everything in the air. If he can cope I would certainly keep Nelson in for Saturday. Ricardinho is different gravy.

Looked much better when Carroll went upfront. From about 60 mins - 85 we looked most like scoring.

How is Trevor Kettlw still aloud to referee League One football btw? That ‘foul’ he gave against Carroll on Dunkley was honestly one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Bring on Saturday. Fairly optimist after tonight.

Just back. For once we were the timewasters and the spoilers and it was actually quite fun to watch. The last 10 minutes was so frustrating and naive. Having had our backs to the wall for an hour, we started to frustrate them in the second and win some space up front, but rather than keep possession and discipline and settle for a point, I felt we got a bit giddy, thought we could win it and paid the price.

Last edited:
Squad selection strange. Ok there was a case for freshening up but why not 1 or 2 of Wes /Obika/Henry on bench?

Mehmeti is a waste of space and as for Buckley Ricketts ..,,

How did Carroll play?
Carroll was very good.
Tactics were spot on except upfront where we could have won with a good striker (Griggs changed the game when he came on)
I think that Wigan had 4 shots on target?
Carroll was defensive midfield player. He was aggresive, won the ball and even when he played upfront unsettled Dunkley.
He would have given KR something to think about.
Henry probably was 50/50 for ladt Saturday so I can understand why he wasnt risked. I reckon one of Thomas/ Obika could have gone though

Robinson saying we started to play like an U.23 late on - losing our shape and discipline
and got done by Cole and Grigg down the side.

He’s gutted.

Totally. We did everything right in the 2nd half and then got greedy by committing to many people forward. Lost possession and then bang. Definitely a point lost.

No embarrassment getting beat by a better team.
We'll stay up.

The win against Southend was so important to our future league one status. With just a gap of 4 points between us and the fourth relegation spot, the next two games will require at least two points if not 4. COYY.

Big positives from last night:

Carroll and Nelson - like two new signings for the last three games to boost the squad

Ledson and Rothwell not playing the full game

Our two main strikers, Thomas and Obika, and arguably our biggest goal threat, Henry, all completely rested for the two huge games to come

Ricardinho!

Big positives from last night:

Carroll and Nelson - like two new signings for the last three games to boost the squad

Ledson and Rothwell not playing the full game

Our two main strikers, Thomas and Obika, and arguably our biggest goal threat, Henry, all completely rested for the two huge games to come

Ricardinho!

Yeah, shame we dropped Ricardinho for a numbers of games and played him out of position in favour of Smith-Brown, but I guess Faz got it right in the end!

Back
Top Bottom