Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/04/2018 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Match Day Thread +++

For me it’s now down to 3 games to get four points, it’s gutting losing like that but it’s not all over, we have 3 huge games to get the points we need, two at home and Doncaster away. This team isn’t good enough to compete in the other two games.

It was always going to be tight and edgy, quite simply we don’t have the players for it to be any other way, Saturday will be the same we just have to hope the luck goes our direction. I was gutted at the end but you have to realise this is a relegation battle where we don’t and won’t get a lot of points but are fortunate that we don’t need a lot.

Robinson got them up for it and organised, nothing else to do with this poor side, a team which could well go down and in truth is probably in the worst four teams in the league, the performances against Bury and Northampton over four games confirmed that for me, but if we can just hold our nerve we can dodge a bullet and stay up to go again next season with a new side.

Here is something something philosophical:

I'm getting flashbacks to an awful relegation year many moons ago - desperately scrapping for points and Nicky Banger nearly scores a cracking free kick (man he was bad - I mean we complain about this current lot...we have had some truly shocking forward lines in the past) late in a game which rattles the underside of the bar, bounces over the line and it's not given by the ref - hammer blow. It's was a similar heavy heart as this evening as there was trudging away from the London Rd that day :(
But....we will have good times again, we will have bad again, BUT we won't have Kemp again, or Steve Wood, Nicky Banger or Wayne Biggins - so let us breathe deeply and be thankful for this.
Chin up all x

Here is something something philosophical:

I'm getting flashbacks to an awful relegation year many moons ago - desperately scrapping for points and Nicky Banger nearly scores a cracking free kick (man he was bad - I mean we complain about this current lot...we have had some truly shocking forward lines in the past) late in a game which rattles the underside of the bar, bounces over the line and it's not given by the ref - hammer blow. It's was a similar heavy heart as this evening as there was trudging away from the London Rd that day :(
But....we will have good times again, we will have bad again, BUT we won't have Kemp again, or Steve Wood, Nicky Banger or Wayne Biggins - so let us breathe deeply and be thankful for this.
Chin up all x
That’s the key issue though. If you’re crap at front - and a failure to hit the target in successive home games against Oldham and Fleetwood indicate that that’s the case - then you’re going to leave yourself open to the sucker punch unfortunately

Just got back home....that is the worst I've felt all season I think, could see it coming , the more we missed,, or failed to shoot, I feel sick right now, absolutely gutted, and all these people claiming there are 4 worse teams than us....i hope they are right

Absolutely gutted. I'll be positive tomorrow because we just have to be for Saturday, but man, to lose like that tonight really hurts. Worst I've felt after a game in ages.

5 games to get at least 3 points. Can see a maximum of 4 points from it, probably only 2 though. Need to ride the storm of Wigan and Southend out and just try our best to get the points from Donny and Rochdale.
Have you seen how Rochdale have been performing?

Back
Top Bottom