Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/4/2018 OUFC v Southend Match Day Thread +++

Yeah I said to the person next to me that I expected at least 6 minutes - we certainly used up at least that!

I must have been in the minority yesterday as I felt confident we would win and was pretty relaxed (aside from when that shot was heading towards our post just after our second goal - what a difference that would have made if it had gone in rather than rolled across the goal line...)

I’ve never been so incorrectly certain we had scored than when Ledson’s header didn’t go in. Think it was their playing rustling the bet which gave the impression that the ball had definitely found the back of the net.

The ball was well past the crossbar before it was knocked out, it was a goal and everyone around me thought the same. I thought at that point it was going to be one of those days.

I can only base it on what I could see from 100 odd yards away in the East. Had no idea about whether it had crossed the line or not - just thought I saw the ball hitting the back of the net. Funny how you can be deceived visually sometimes.

The ballboy in the North Stand (towards the east stand) has to be one of the slowest at returning the ball to the away players for many a year - he was so slow it was embarrassing :eek::eek:

The ballboy in the North Stand (towards the east stand) has to be one of the slowest at returning the ball to the away players for many a year - he was so slow it was embarrassing :eek::eek:
Maybe they were told to take there time? Ones on the left side of East stand and south stand were walking the ball to the players.found it irritating especially when it was our throw in. But for them all to be doing virtually the same thing can't be a coincidence can it?

Maybe they were told to take there time? Ones on the left side of East stand and south stand were walking the ball to the players.found it irritating especially when it was our throw in. But for them all to be doing virtually the same thing can't be a coincidence can it?

Ledson was telling the ball boy not to bother in the second half

We noticed that, definitely not as slow as the lad during the scum 2-1 game. He brought a whole new level of slow to it. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry if I'm being thick, but where is the Wigan thread? There doesn't seem to be one. Obviously I now know the result :(, but my first port of call (from NZ) on match days is the match thread on this forum, and today I can't find it. What's happened? Cheers.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but where is the Wigan thread? There doesn't seem to be one. Obviously I now know the result :(, but my first port of call (from NZ) on match days is the match thread on this forum, and today I can't find it. What's happened? Cheers.
ITs in the archives section for some reason

Clutching at straws....

Gillingham currently on 52 points, have only picked up 3 points from last 6 games.

Their remaining fixtures Rotherham, Blackpool, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth.

Unlikely that they’d won’t pick up at least a point or two from those, but you never know.

So another 2 games played (defeats against Rotherham and Blackpool) and Gillingham are still on 52 points. They have picked up just 3 points from their last 8 matches. That is a horrible run of form with 2 remaining fixtures, Bristol Rovers away & Argyle at home.

Back
Top Bottom