Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/4/2018 OUFC v Rochdale Match Day Thread +++

One final comment on yesterday. Some fans were struggling to get a chant out or a word straight because of how much alcohol they'd consumed beforehand. A little embarrassing to hear grown men badly slurring their words at 2.45pm.

You must be fun at parties.

Lucky you didn’t see the scrap on the right side Oxford Mail
What was that all about? Couldn't see what was going on.
You must be fun at parties.
I like a drink - don't get me wrong - but I can at least control what I drink to not be in a right old state at 2.45pm where I can't talk or walk properly. At least there was no vomit this year, so progress from last one!

Or the little dust up outside the bird before kickoff, what was that about.

if its the one i think you were referring to about 2.15pm
The altercation started over the road by the boardings, there's were a group of blokes punching another.
A few outside the bird started shouting to leave him alone, then one of the group marched over shouting, shut your mouth, keep your nose out, F**kall to do with you etc,
Then went on to stay he was staying in my girlfriend's place and stole from her.

Huh. Reason I couldn't chant was I cant make out the words.....i like the one that has
Standing on the terrace
Cheering on our team
In it but I can't make out the rest of it ?

since I was just a boy,
I knew that I would be,
Standing on the terrace,
And cheering on our team,
I know we have been down,
You’ll never knock us out,
Together we’re united,
So hear the oxford shout,
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

since I was just a boy,
I knew that I would be,
Standing on the terrace,
And cheering on our team,
I know we have been down,
You’ll never knock us out,
Together we’re united,
So hear the oxford shout,
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
And though we have been down*

I thought clubs were find if flares are let of, if that is the case was not t an Ultra who let the smoke bomb off it came from where they were stood. If it was and they’re supposed to be all about Oxford them that was a stupid thing to do, it harms the club.
No English Football League club has ever been fined for smoke bomb use. Liverpool were once fined by UEFA after flares in Europe, but that's it.
They just use the threat of fines to clubs as a deterrent to fans, and for clubs to improve security, however it would have to be an extreme case to actually be fined.

The reality is that every weekend smoke bombs are used all over the country, in fact most away ends in the championship that are sold out usually have 1 or 2 go off. You can put out all the warnings in the world but it only takes 1 out of thousands to do it, hence why they would never fine a club over just 1 smoke bomb occurring.

At one point it was happening consistently at OUFC so we were "top of the list" but that was many years ago. We'll be well off the radar now compared to many other English clubs. There's been one at countless Bristol City games this year by their fans home and away! So not something I would worry too much over.

No English Football League club has ever been fined for smoke bomb use. Liverpool were once fined by UEFA after flares in Europe, but that's it.
They just use the threat of fines to clubs as a deterrent to fans, and for clubs to improve security, however it would have to be an extreme case to actually be fined.

The reality is that every weekend smoke bombs are used all over the country, in fact most away ends in the championship that are sold out usually have 1 or 2 go off. You can put out all the warnings in the world but it only takes 1 out of thousands to do it, hence why they would never fine a club over just 1 smoke bomb occurring.

At one point it was happening consistently at OUFC so we were "top of the list" but that was many years ago. We'll be well off the radar now compared to many other English clubs. There's been one at countless Bristol City games this year by their fans home and away! So not something I would worry too much over.
Apart from those of Us who have dodgy lungs.

Yes it’s important to remember that.

I was about five feet away from Saturday’s flare when it went off (it wasn’t me Guv, honest!) and it did add to the sense of occasion and atmosphere.

And yet, despite that, it shouldn’t ever happen as it’s clearly not good for those with any breathing issues or long-term conditions. As a young(ish) man, it didn’t particularly bother me despite the smoke getting in the back of the throat slightly but it could make things rather unpleasant for others, and of course, potentially dangerous.

Understandable. I have asthma but have been lucky enough to have never experienced anything but a funny smell from them. They are far safer these days in terms of being safe to breathe etc, but never a guarantee if someone from breathing difficulties has purchased a ticket in that area.

Yes it’s important to remember that.

I was about five feet away from Saturday’s flare when it went off (it wasn’t me Guv, honest!) and it did add to the sense of occasion and atmosphere.

And yet, despite that, it shouldn’t ever happen as it’s clearly not good for those with any breathing issues or long-term conditions. As a young(ish) man, it didn’t particularly bother me despite the smoke getting in the back of the throat slightly but it could make things rather unpleasant for others, and of course, potentially dangerous.

Crawley away a couple of seasons ago was a nightmare I think it was 4 let of not far from where I was stood, f**k the acrid taste in my throat and lungs a killer, but I can’t complain because it Oxford, as I said if it was an ultra he may think about it another time.

Last edited:
Crawley away a couple of seasons ago was a nightmare I think it was 4 let of not far from where I was stood, f**k the acrid taste in my throat and lungs a killer, but I can’t complain because it Oxford Anthony ugh as I said if it was an ultra he may think about it another time.[/QUOTE]
Come on bazzer give us a clue:p

Understandable. I have asthma but have been lucky enough to have never experienced anything but a funny smell from them. They are far safer these days in terms of being safe to breathe etc, but never a guarantee if someone from breathing difficulties has purchased a ticket in that area.

I have Emphysema and I have a ST near the side they were exiled to earlier this year, but it wafts over. Somebody I sit near her spouse got banged up a while back for having a flare. It should be remembered that if they’re caught they will be thrown out and banned, is it worth it?

Bloody predictive text and fat finger, have edited

I did wish yesterday that the Ricardinho song had just been halted while Joe Rothwell went off so he could have been applauded off the pitch properly, without his replacement's name being chanted over the top. He'd had a good game and it was quite possibly his last home appearance for us.
Knowing players personally, I know for a fact that players give a f**k about what the fans chant. They look at fans with disdain.

Back
Top Bottom