Away Match Day Thread 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Who was it man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that sucked.

If we needed any more evidence after the Bristol City game of how vast the gap is between Championship and League One, and what an insane amount of work we'd have to do in the summer if we did somehow get promoted this season.....Coventry just made a pretty convincing case.

If there's a single positive to come out of today, it's that if there were any Championship scouts in attendance, their clubs are unlikely to be putting any bids in for Cam, McGuane or Ruben.....if you took the best parts of each of their games, put them in a mixer and built a single footballer with them - he'd play something like Kasey Palmer!

Hope Mills is OK, but the way he reacted, that looked like a season-ending knee injury.

Going to be a busy few weeks now for Buckingham and Waldron......

This comment...⬇️

Basically the story of the last season.
Easty is nowhere near No 1 standard anymore, that is common knowledge and nobody is arguing against that, but he's still a very good league one No 2, and proved it again today.
Agree with you,

I think it was self inflicted by Mills after a shot?

Yeah, noone was anywhere near him - and those are often the worst.

If it's a hard challenge, there's always the possibility it's just a bruise or a stinger.

When you go down in that amount of pain without any physical contact, you just know that something has snapped.

Hoping the Moore rumours are nonsense - but how bad would our luck be to have our best start to a season in forever only to have our manager and captain abandon ship, our squad ravaged by injury and having to recruit a new first choice GK, CB and CF in January…

Guaranteed ACL rupture.

Certainly was that painful for both of mine, also in my experience all those I've diagnosed.

I must just be a double hard bastard 😂then as mine was more of a twang and then uncomfortable, when I broke my ankle however that left me clawing at the ground being anything but a double hard bastard, when a metal spike punctured my knee I passed out with pain like a pussy. No real reason for sharing my history of injury’s other than it’s better than talking about today’s game.

Hoping the Moore rumours are nonsense - but how bad would our luck be to have our best start to a season in forever only to have our manager and captain abandon ship, our squad ravaged by injury and having to recruit a new first choice GK, CB and CF in January…
Only thing with Moore is that we have Negru, but he is also injured :cautious:

Has Moore gone.?????

For what it's worth, the commentator on ESPN+ (the channel showing the game in the US) said that Moore is sick. But Beadle is being recalled.

But he might not be in the know.....might just be making things up because he knows there's probably only about 50 people listening to him!

I must just be a double hard bastard 😂then as mine was more of a twang and then uncomfortable, when I broke my ankle however that left me clawing at the ground being anything but a double hard bastard, when a metal spike punctured my knee I passed out with pain like a pussy. No real reason for sharing my history of injury’s other than it’s better than talking about today’s game.

...except that it might earn you a call-up on Tuesday night....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom