Away Match Day Thread 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Who was it man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding it difficult to be too annoyed after that. Cov are on a hell of a run and, as fun as Monday’s win over Charlton was, we are down to bare bones. Pleased Harris scored and my pals who are Cov fans I met up with after the game thought TG looked class. But all in all they just looked a class above - because they are. No shame in that.

Bigger picture incomings and outgoings is very concerning, though. Would never have expected Moore to be off. Mills looks, unfortunately, AGAIN like we’ve rushed back a wide player. Beadle being off is a big problem. Suddenly from a window where we needed a striker and winger or two as an absolute must, we’ve gone to needing a new GK and aerially dominant CB, too. That’s a hell of a lot of work to bring in, changing the entire spine of a team in January. Hate to be a kip, but im suddenly not particularly optimistic about this half of the season.

Safe trip home all. Fun day out. COYY

Even our world class training facilities, was flooded so they couldn't train properly. If I'm correct theres not even a river or cannal nearby. Mmmmmm top 30
My house is on top of a hill, my grounds are completely saturated and are resembling a bog and we have good draining soil.
Top 30 has nothing to do with the amount of rain we’ve had recently, but feel free to blame the board for global warming!

My house is on top of a hill, my grounds are completely saturated and are resembling a bog and we have good draining soil.
Top 30 has nothing to do with the amount of rain we’ve had recently, but feel free to blame the board for global warming!
No blame it on motorists, driving to watch football..

6-2 absolutely flattered us, thought their fans were pretty good and overall a friendly bunch

Des... "Stick with us"...... Yes, let's do that, others that don't want to... Just do one

What has he asked and what are the answers?
Pressed on the Beadle situation. No definitive answer. Pressed on the injury list...somewhat vague. Tried hard on incoming signings....lots of hoops to jump through..but hopeful. That's how I read it.

A rare away game for me, and we were f*****g s**t! They were good, but we were more bad, if that makes sense. I’d struggle to name a MoM but it won’t be Smyth or Rodrigues, you know what I’m saying?

Nice ground , good view, and loud home support. But the steward took my sandwich off me!!! No food and drink allowed in the ground

Comments like this on a message forum are pathetic attention seeking.

Either don’t say anything or share what magical things you have to share

It's not the place to air the clubs dirty laundry when you have non fans looking in but I will say it's not all rosey behind the scenes. Questions need to be asked/ demanded to be answered by Oxvox of what is going on at the club.

It's not the place to air the clubs dirty laundry when you have non fans looking in but I will say it's not all rosey behind the scenes. Questions need to be asked/ demanded to be answered by Oxvox of what is going on at the club.
The 'i know something you don't know' thing is really unhelpful and offers no advances on the people you are pointing the finger at. I don't really get what you achieve by throwing grenades like this if you aren't prepared to pull the pin out?

Well as it will all come out in the wash eventually you might as well air away.

A huge reality check. We're a half arsed club. Loads of fans leaving after the fourth goal. Do be a favour. The whole Coventry set up is top class. They're playing staff, their fans.

We're eons behind that. Doubt we'll ever match it.

I think this is a really frustrating (but harshly accurate) statement. It’s not that long ago we were playing them at Wembley, with us very much as favourites and them heading off in the opposite direction.

I totally get that historically Coventry are a decent club - bigger fish than us most likely. But they aren’t astronomically colossal footballing giants. And it’s not like they haven’t spent the last decade or so similarly handicapped by problems with stadiums and ownership. Their situation isn’t that dissimilar to us. For us to feel SO far behind Coventry, given that they’ve even dropped down to League 2 since we met that day at Wembley is tough to take as an Oxford fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom