Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guessed that you'd have no reply.
Don’t think I have anything to prove when it comes to getting stuck in to a debate when it’s one I think is worth having. But this is something blown ridiculously out of proportion and I’m not getting reeled in to helping you feel top of the food chain.

"14/04/2024: L1 OUFC v Peterborough" sorry, none of the above happened today. Now, yesterday, well that was quite a special day.

First and foremost - a superb team performance yesterday aided and abetted by a partisan home crowd.

However, the top highlight for me (pardon me if it has already been mentioned) was a sublime piece of skill by McEachran leading to goal number four. With the ball just inside the opposing centre circle and JM with his back almost three quartered turned towards the South stand he then delightfully reversed an exquisite pass out to Dale on his right hand side and the rest is history.

Nevertheless, if I'm correct this free kick was from a Peterborough offside decision? If so, and if this was the case then the ref who I thought was pretty decent choked a bit on this - but over the course of the long season we are probably owed at least one ot two.

Keep the foot on the pedal.

COYY'S

14-04-2024… 4-0 was written in the stars! Happy to take 5-0 despite the annoying non-symmetry.

First and foremost - a superb team performance yesterday aided and abetted by a partisan home crowd.

However, the top highlight for me (pardon me if it has already been mentioned) was a sublime piece of skill by McEachran leading to goal number four. With the ball just inside the opposing centre circle and JM with his back almost three quartered turned towards the South stand he then delightfully reversed an exquisite pass out to Dale on his right hand side and the rest is history.

Nevertheless, if I'm correct this free kick was from a Peterborough offside decision? If so, and if this was the case then the ref who I thought was pretty decent choked a bit on this - but over the course of the long season we are probably owed at least one ot two.

Keep the foot on the pedal.

COYY'S

It was a fantastic ball, and also excellent control from Dale (not for the first time).
Free kick was indeed for off-side and also taken from the correct location.
The offside was given when JCH? touched the ball, which was in our half, coming back from an offside position.

If there is some truth to it then then des has sat those 3 or 4 guys down and said are you gonna play for me it not and they’ve obviously all responded positively
Here's Des on Marcus McGuane in the Oxford Mail

United head coach Buckingham said: “Bolton is a bit of a scar for everybody. We had to make changes, and my job is to try and find ways to perform the way we need to, and get the results we want.

“We made a change after Bolton, and that obviously affected Marcus and a couple of others. He’s been very good behind the scenes and worked extremely hard.

“Because of that, it was about trying to find an opportunity to bring him back because we know the qualities he has.

“He’s shown that, certainly in the first part of the season. With what’s to come, he will certainly contribute towards that.

“It’s important that he keeps doing what he’s done, and I’ve said it many a time, it’s a very close group of people, but you have to be fair and judge the people that have gone in front of him on performance.”

"Because of that, it was about trying to find an opportunity to bring him back because we know the qualities he has.

He’s shown that, certainly in the first part of the season."
Very diplomatic way of saying he's been crap since the turn of the year.

Watching the game back on iFollow, listening to the Peterborough commentators.
Delicious bit of commentary on the 29th minute, "Oxford haven't created anything, so there's nothing to worry about".
1 minutes later, 2-0.

Watching the game back on iFollow, listening to the Peterborough commentators.
Delicious bit of commentary on the 29th minute, "Oxford haven't created anything, so there's nothing to worry about".
1 minutes later, 2-0.
They were singing “3-0 up and you still don’t sing” when they got drowned out by the noise of our fourth too.

Watching from the North Stand I knew that 3rd goal reminded me of a similar one :love:

Nice to watch again with the anniversary on Saturday 💛💙

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom