Home Match Day Thread 05/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

Have to work today - damn customers and their wanting stuff done - but I'll have iFollow open o a separate screen so hopefully I don't miss anything. Rckon we'll shake off the 3-2 repetition with a 3-1 win. Taylor, Baldock and Whyte with goals. I've predicted Whyte to score in most games this season, surely it's got to happen eventually?!

Have to work today - damn customers and their wanting stuff done - but I'll have iFollow open o a separate screen so hopefully I don't miss anything. Rckon we'll shake off the 3-2 repetition with a 3-1 win. Taylor, Baldock and Whyte with goals. I've predicted Whyte to score in most games this season, surely it's got to happen eventually?!
Whyte certainly needs a couple of goals

I think 6 wins needed to make the playoffs a win today would definitely help

A win would be nice. I’d be comfortable with another 3-2 in our favour.

No Sykes, Henry, Browne or Moore makes things interesting:

Stevens
Long McNally Brown
Whyte Kane Brannagan Williams
McGuane
Baldock Taylor

I think I prefer Long on the right side of the back three as he’s naturally a right back and McNally has the height and presence to command the centre.

I wasn’t sure about replacing Kane with Forde or not but we’re at home against a weaker team and so I think he’ll be fine. Whyte could he very dangerous down the right and Williams has to play over Seddon. McGuane also could revel in the hole where beating a player can open up the game.

rare visit to the east stand (instead of ssl) and have my middle grandaughter with me ...3-1 home win with tayls, baldock n whyte grabbing one apiece

Think we'll get a very much needed clean sheet today and win 3-0. It was a little bit like watching school boy football against Cambridge with 9 attackers and Sam Long on his own at the back! I think we'll be a little more solid today but still have plenty going forward. I'd play a 532/352 with Williams LWB and Whyte RWB, and have McGuane in the middle 3 with Cam in the more advanced role.

LINEUP111646476735283.png

REF WATCH

Esv6MlhXAAIV6aL

London based official Sam Purkiss is today’s referee for the clash with Burton Albion.
Purkiss was promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019. This season he has taken charge of 25 matches
issuing 98 yellow cards and four reds. His last Oxford game was the 0-0 home draw with Rotherham last November
where he cautioned six players.

His last five OUFC matches:

Nov 27th 2021 - Oxford U 0-0 Rotherham
Apr 13th 2021 - Oxford U 4-1 Shrewsbury
Dec 26th 2020 - Oxford U 2-0 Wimbledon
Feb 20th 2020 - Oxford U 5-0 Wimbledon
Dec 29th 2019 - Wimbledon 1-2 Oxford U

Last edited:
Esv6MlhXAAIV6aL

London based official Sam Purkiss is today’s referee for the clash with Burton Albion.
Purkiss was promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019. This season he has taken charge of 25 matches
issuing 98 yellow cards and four reds. His last Oxford game was the 0-0 home draw with Rotherham last November
where he cautioned six players.

His last five OUFC matches:

Nov 27th 2021 - Oxford U 0-0 Rotherham
Apr 13th 2021 - Oxford U 4-1 Shrewsbury
Dec 26th 2020 - Oxford U 2-0 Wimbledon
Feb 20th 2020 - Oxford U 5-0 Wimbledon
Dec 29th 2019 - Wimbledon 1-2 Oxford U
Blimey, is he our lucky ref?

Great set of results there!

Its always been really difficult to predict a KR team and now he has some new formations to play with its virtualy impossible.

So, i`m going 4-3-3 which in reality is a kind of 2-3-2-3 with Baldock to start and Taylor on the bench ( Looks like he could use a rest ).

If he starts with a diamond i might watch this from behind the sofa.

Back
Top Bottom