Home Match Day Thread 05/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

Surely the club manage a contract with a traffic management company rather than employ people directly?
I emailed AT on the grounds that last season when we had a max 1,000 we were being filtered out and it worked but the next game 2,000 we weren’t the TM were just stood around smoking and having a laugh and it was a scramble to get out.
Saw the same this season 4/5 lanes of traffic trying to leave from the open end and hi into lane and they TM were just stood around again.
I emailento say what was happening as it was costing the club and they’re aren’t doing what they’re paid for. He replied and said he would look into it, and I may have missed something but it doesn’t seem like any improvements on behalf of the TM.

From whom did you hear it was 'inflexible jobsworth'? These folks are doing a difficult job. Why seek to apportion blame of any kind?
from my 87-year-old Dad and 60-year-old sister ( both ST holders and OUFC supporters since the 60s, my Dad since HUFC days), who were stuck in the car park for considerably longer than they had been for the previous 4 home games, y'know , the ones with 10k+ attendances @tim lane .....I'd say they were in an ideal position to pass an opinion, even if you don't - forums eh?, arent they all about different opinions.... I'd say that stopping people going 'east' when attempting to exit the car park seems to me rather inflexible & jobsworth- like, evidently it doesn't appear that way to you though?

from my 87-year-old Dad and 60-year-old sister ( both ST holders and OUFC supporters since the 60s, my Dad since HUFC days), who were stuck in the car park for considerably longer than they had been for the previous 4 home games, y'know , the ones with 10k+ attendances @tim lane .....I'd say they were in an ideal position to pass an opinion, even if you don't - forums eh?, arent they all about different opinions.... I'd say that stopping people going 'east' when attempting to exit the car park seems to me rather inflexible & jobsworth- like, evidently it doesn't appear that way to you though?
My email to AT was replied to and was very welcomed. I honestly can’t see what the club have done with the TM to improve the exit from the ground after the game.
I’m sure AT wants this sorted as would the rest of the club but I think the TM are being paid at little cost to themselves.
If the vehicles were marshalled better leaving the car park there would be an improvement but only a bit better as the layout is ridiculous.

My email to AT was replied to and was very welcomed. I honestly can’t see what the club have done with the TM to improve the exit from the ground after the game.
I’m sure AT wants this sorted as would the rest of the club but I think the TM are being paid at little cost to themselves.
If the vehicles were marshalled better leaving the car park there would be an improvement but only a bit better as the layout is ridiculous.
the TM stewards 'managed' considerably better when there were 10K+ attendances than they did with a sub 8k crowd ... stopping people turning right/ east out of the fence end car park wasn't in anyway helpful

I left the East Stand car park bang on the final whistle and as I approached the Bowlplex roundabout, traffic was being held out of the bowlplex car park because the 3 football special buses were parked on the carriageway meaning no traffic could get past heading toward G/Leys

Matty Taylor nets his 50th league goal for the U’s

FNG-AAwXEAIEjVN

Back
Top Bottom