Home Match Day Thread 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe now the club can think on an improved b contract for Cam and if a buy out clause has to be inserted, hope they club can make it a high value, this last week must surely have out Cam in the window with bigger clubs than Blackpool.

Plenty of time to talk about that come the end of the season. He will probably sign a new contract if we get promoted.

You said, the atmosphere was flat , so even you

I don't quite understand all these people that moan and say how crap the atmosphere is /was I'd like to know if all the people that moan about it actually try and start some songs all if they just sit on there hands waiting for someone else to start
Tried to get the singing going all second half with my mate, but very little support from those around us in the East Stand.

Tried to get the singing going all second half with my mate, but very little support from those around us in the East Stand.

It's hard at home games, away games seating isn't allocated so all fans can bunch together in one stand which creates a better atmosphere. Home games we're all spread out across 3 stands so unless we have a total of 8000 fans all willing to sing and all know the words to that song we aren't going to create the same as away games. Every home team suffer with this though.

In my opinion the red was a 100% red. He‘s gone in studs first, I don’t care where a players head is, if you attack the ball or player studs first you’re off. I don’t know what Robbo was on about, calling it a soft red, it’s a clear red. The elbow on Moore was as bad, from what i saw the fact he didn’t forcibly move his elbow into Moore may have got him off the hook but he did led elbow first and seemed to catch Moore.
There is just no need for a player to try and control a ball the way he did. It's crazy and cannot be a safe way if controlling a ball. If you do in the centre of the pitch then you run the risk of catching a player and if you do with your foot at chest level then I guess you get what you deserve

Just make it clear that a foot at that level is not acceptable and ensure referees are given a clear instruction what the punishment is

So the medical incident was on one of our players according to Hampshire Live News.

Thought it was a Portsmouth member?

It's hard at home games, away games seating isn't allocated so all fans can bunch together in one stand which creates a better atmosphere. Home games we're all spread out across 3 stands so unless we have a total of 8000 fans all willing to sing and all know the words to that song we aren't going to create the same as away games. Every home team suffer with this though.
Agree 100% every time I've been to Fratton the home atmosphere has been as flat as a witches wotsits and I bet Accy on Tuesday it'll be the same

Those two late goals are even better than I remember. CB’s is a rocket and Holland’s was Roofesque with the drop inside and then bending it low to the keeper’s left, right in the corner.

Big shoutout to the guy to the left of me in the East Stand who shouted “don’t shoot” just before CB shot!

And big shoutout to the guy to the right of me in the East Stand who get kept bemoaning Holland for cutting inside, just before he cut inside for the winner!!
I’m known for shouting ‘don’t shoot!’ Can’t bear it when someone balloons it over the bar. I’m SSL though.

One of our backroom team, knocked or fell to the floor during an incident that wasn't malicious according to the statement by the clubs. I suspect that there was a little more to it!
Hit by a flying tea cup? It certainly seemed to affect us.

Agree 100% every time I've been to Fratton the home atmosphere has been as flat as a witches wotsits and I bet Accy on Tuesday it'll be the same
Is it ? I do hear 🎵 play up Pompey, Pompey play up 🎵 mind you that’s all though oh and those f*****g bells.

To be fair to me, at that point we looked unlikely to score and Portsmouth were turning the screw on their cheating/smash n grab.

Genuinely incredible how often you’re wrong. Like Sherwood’s punditry, says one thing so you know the other will happen.

Genuinely incredible how often you’re wrong. Like Sherwood’s punditry, says one thing so you know the other will happen.
They say you should find what you're good at in life, and Kip has found it as a top wind up merchant. His posts are laced with pessimism so people think he's like an old Eeyore, but really he'll be sat there having a good old chuckle to himself.

I can certainly agree about Tim Sherwood though. He's terrible. Just simply awful. Only a few below him like Jamie O'Hara.

I’m known for shouting ‘don’t shoot!’ Can’t bear it when someone balloons it over the bar. I’m SSL though.

Yeah, I’m often thinking it too. It was just so perfectly timed today from this fella. He was laughing about it straightaway.

About as well timed as today’s Yellow Submarine song. Just finished as Pompey stuck in their equaliser!

Right my view on this
Red card deserved sorry Karl it was a red all day long.
Hirst on Moore red card all day long.
Portsmouth: I’d be ashamed if my team played like that.
Only team that tried to play football was the team in yellow.
When is time wasting actually time wasting?
McNally what a player he is going to be.
Cam is a yellow legend.
KR I want your babies.
Yes I’m pissed but it’s cost me nothing cos all my friends in blue have been paying
We are going up say we are going up.
COYY

Is it ? I do hear 🎵 play up Pompey, Pompey play up 🎵 mind you that’s all though oh and those f*****g bells.
I think the 1700 Pompey fans today will have made more noise than the home crowd will do on March 1st.

One of our backroom team, knocked or fell to the floor during an incident that wasn't malicious according to the statement by the clubs. I suspect that there was a little more to it!
I've been told the assistant kit man was 'knocked over' and hit his head on the wall and needed to be stretchered away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom