Home Match Day Thread 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Should be another good crowd today. Let's keep everybody happy with a 3-1 win.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

4-0. Party.
Other predictions;
Kiddy give it a good go but lose 3-1.
Wins for the Argyle and Cambridge in the cup.

Head says 3-1
Heart says….3-1.
Guess what…I’ll go with 3-1.
I think it’s a great time to play them. Their season is over unless they go on an unbelievable run.

REF WATCH

EqvdgjcW4AALnZq

The referee for today’s contest with Portsmouth is Halifax based Samuel Barrott who is in his second season in the EFL.
This season Barrott has taken charge of 26 matches issuing 98 yellow cards and just one red.

His last U’s match officiated was this season on October 23rd as the U’s won 3-1 at Burton Albion.

PREVIOUS OXFORD GAMES:

May 1st 2021 - Shrewsbury Town 2-3 Oxford U
January 30th 2021 - Oxford U 1-0 Fleetwood Town

IMAGE FROM THE PAST

July 6th 2020 - second leg of the L1 play-off semi-final. Ryan Williams in action for
Portsmouth at Grenoble Road.

EcQnuN5XsAIWdew

MATCH DAY!!

Big game today, in front of a big crowd, Pompey fans will be their usual noisy selves, so it's up to us to keep em quiet, with an early goal!

After an excellent 7 points from the last three games, if other results go our way, 3 points today would be massive, and a good chance to cement our playoff position, whilst pulling away from the chasing pack, and keeping the top two in our sights!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Stop being so positive! It’s the games we think we can win that worry me most …

On form, this is an opportunity to beat Portsmouth and keep our post-Lincoln/Wycombe run going.

You’ve got to think that the Cowleys will be in trouble if they don’t pick up form soon. No wins in five for them. They have a few new players to throw into the mix including the experienced Aiden O’Brien so it won’t be easy.

I out in one of the other threads I'm slightly worried by the fact we played Saturday and Tuesday which included a long trip north and they've played Monday only. The last time we had two in a week was the Cheltenham game and that didn't go well. Hopefully the recovery has gone well and Taylor and Sykes are feeling better. Will need to use the full squad over the next few weeks.

We'll concede today, we always do at least once but hoping for a win by one

Shirt on chest pumped out just having breakfast in town before heading up to the shire.
I really believe we have to score 1st to win today. Concede 1st and I think we will struggle.

2:0 to the mighty yellows. Can’t contemplate losing as it will be a long drive back.

Win in this will be massive with Plymouth & Wycombe not playing.

Hopefully we can edge it 2-1.

Stevens
Long Moore McNally Seddon
Kane Brannagan
Sykes Bodin Williams
Taylor

I’d 100% start Williams. He will have a point to prove against the Crowleys.

I am at the Burton Vs Shef W game so will see how they do. For Us I reckon a 2-1 win. Coyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom