Away Match Build Up 01/03/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume it is linked to the number of tickets sold v the reduced capacity at FP due to half the bottom tier of the North stand having been bulldozed (https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/north-stand-lower-work-begins/#:~:text=The next stage of the,and sightlines throughout the stand.)
if they allocated 2100 , they should stick to that IMO...... if all were sold by midday tomorrow then fair enough , making it all ticket a day and a half before the game is IMO rather crap

I would go 3-5-2 for this one as well, assuming Ciaron Brown is good to play 90 minutes (and assuming Moore is not).
Actually playing three defenders gives us a bit more solidity - and McNally in particular does seem to love the freedom to roam of playing as one of three.

Williams was amazing going forwards on Saturday, and you can't not play him in his current form, but he's a winger or a wing back not a full back. And I reckon a better Pompey attack (even without Curtis) would make him pay a little more than Cambridge did.

The same is true of Seddon over on the left - although it was weird how almost nothing happened on that side of the pitch all game on Saturday, in either direction. I don't know if that's because Cambridge's right side were only interested in defending or if it's because our formation naturally dragged things over to the other side of the pitch (Cam nominally should have been on the left of the diamond, but he basically played centrally most of the game).

Kane & Cam then sit in the center, leaving us with about a thousand options of how to structure the front three.
If everyone's fully fit and raring to go (other than Browne who's presumably still restricted to shorter cameos) then I reckon you probably go Sykes-Taylor-Baldock, but there's so many other ways we can play it if anyone's nursing a knock or some tired legs.......

if they allocated 2100 , they should stick to that IMO...... if all were sold by midday tomorrow then fair enough , making it all ticket a day and a half before the game is IMO rather crap
The allocation is still that, but if the home end is lower capacity, and they have sold nearly all the tickets they might want to reduce the chance of home fans going through the away turnstiles.

Taylor is on 8 EFL yellows (the 1 in the cup is separated), so would need to get a booking in each of the next 2 games to be suspended.
The FA have him on 9 - perhaps too much to ask that they know what they're doing....

Screenshot_20220228-180108_Chrome.jpg

Looking forward to this one - Thought of Seddon playing worries me but a good performance against his old club might be what he needs? Anything below 1500 is disappointing IMO.

I was strongly considering going last minute because I might be able to finish work at 3 tomorrow but not certain, one less paying customer for Pompey.

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Sykes Kane Brannagan Williams
Whyte
Baldock Taylor​
Eastwood, Henry, Browne, Holland, McGuane, Seddon, Forde

I was strongly considering going last minute because I might be able to finish work at 3 tomorrow but not certain, one less paying customer for Pompey.
more than one ... my intended work finish, if at or around 3pm would've meant that potentially me, my sister , my nephew and his partner could've and probably wouldve gone .... we'll now, instead, watch ifollow (& listen to rad ox coverage) for the price of 1x £10 ifollow match pass

You can still buy tomorrow up until mid day and collect at Pompey.
I know ..... going to the game was basically hinging on whether I can finish work by 3/ 3.30pm , which was just about doable ( if required 'cat herding' this eve/ tomorrow happened in time) hence it would've been a sort of the spur of the moment, albeit mid- late afternoon decision, with pay on the gate as an option ... midday curfew for a late imposition of all ticket stutus is sadly too early to decide- work deadlines have to come first

more than one ... my intended work finish, if at or around 3pm would've meant that potentially me, my sister , my nephew and his partner could've and probably wouldve gone .... we'll now, instead, watch ifollow (& listen to rad ox coverage) for the price of 1x £10 ifollow match pass
Tickets still on sale in the morning and collect at pompey for anyone considering going last minute. The more fans the merrier. Having formerly worked amongst them at HMP on the on the Isle of Wight, they have a quiet dislike for Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom