Home Match Day Thread +++ 03/09/2019 Leasing.com Trophy : OUFC V Norwich U21 +++

Hanson's done well for me tonight. Lovely ball out wide a few phases before the goal.

Good win lads. Yes I was watching (you lot, and the game)

Going to miss Saturday as I'll be driving back from France :-(

Sykes excellent coming off the bench, glad we didn't let him go on loan as I think he can really push for a place in the first team in the coming weeks. But my god Brannagan coming on changed the game. Are we in danger of becoming a one man team?

Well done lads, good win, more vital minutes for important squad players as well.

Now to break the Fleetwood curse on Saturday!

COYY

I think of all this trophy's ridiculous iterations, the 'Leasing.com Trophy' has to be by far the most embarrassingly s**t name it's had

I think of all this trophy's ridiculous iterations, the 'Leasing.com Trophy' has to be by far the most embarrassingly s**t name it's had

It’s pretty bad. The Zenith Data Systems Cup is a woeful name but Leasing.com is terrible. Almost as bad as when we were sponsored by Animalates.

A win is a win and it’s some good game time for those who needed it.

Rather glad it’s over. Those screaming kids in front of the Rad Ox team were starting to grate by the end ...

The thing is tho not all people stump up cash some pay monthly so I as a non season ticket holder might pay more for my on the day tickets than they do a month so your point is invalid I was saying some people with season tickets don’t bother going to cup games like tonight and the 1st two rounds of the lge cup so why should they get priority over people that bother to turn up just because they have a ST

Simple... because season ticket holders have made a full year financial commitment to the club, whereas you haven’t.

I enjoyed the game tonight, Hall I think won’t be here after this season, sorry to say he has lost his pace.

Loved both goals, Berkoe has a better game, Hanson didn’t muck about, Agyie looks very promising, and as usual long Sam never let us down. A good night was had,

The game got better in the second half. Not a classic, but there were a few good moments. (I was impressed by the Norwich forward with the two tone hair.) The ref seemed to be trying to match previous officials at the Kashstad by 'not seeing' pens and career ending tackles. Hey ho.

Haha Robbo's reactions when we didn't get a pen or a freekick for a nasty challenge were priceless, he booted the drinks carrier, and he was on at the hopeless linesman on the dugout side all night (as were the crowd!)

FWIW Robbo is constantly coaching and directing all the players, and he and Faz are always on at them to go forward despite all the faffing about we do at the back. I don't think he gets his message across in the best way at times but he is a lot more tactically savvy than a lot of people on here seem to give him credit for, and he is constantly wanting the players to do better. He's now got something approaching the squad he wants, he now has to get them to play the right way.

Haha Robbo's reactions when we didn't get a pen or a freekick for a nasty challenge were priceless, he booted the drinks carrier, and he was on at the hopeless linesman on the dugout side all night (as were the crowd!)

FWIW Robbo is constantly coaching and directing all the players, and he and Faz are always on at them to go forward despite all the faffing about we do at the back. I don't think he gets his message across in the best way at times but he is a lot more tactically savvy than a lot of people on here seem to give him credit for, and he is constantly wanting the players to do better. He's now got something approaching the squad he wants, he now has to get them to play the right way.

I've sat nearer the dug out this season and you're right, KR is constantly picking up on things that we can improve on and coaching/encouraging the team. Against Coventry he picked up on how well they cleared the box after a corner and told Faz to get working on that this week. He noticed how Eastwood cleared the ball into the North Stand when he had time and told WB to get him to.open his body up more and bring it out to the near side instead. When Mackie scored, Mous said "great double sub gaffer" (a**e-lick!!) and KR "I just got lucky" before turning to Woodburn and said "That could have just as easily been you Woody, your goals will come kid".

Many people see the gobby scouser, the tantrums, and the negative interviews from early last year, but we've got a fantastic manager in Robinson and I think it's only a matter of time before he gets us firing - starting Saturday with a big win at Fleetwood!!

Back
Top Bottom