Away Match Day Thread 01/10/22 - L1: Charlton v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on today and a number of other games, and not trying to be unkind, but are we able to end Bate’s loan in Jan? Just too lightweight as many suspected when he was signed, that midfield is just crying out for a real solid player, and has been for 2-3 years!

Anybody any idea where Anderson was today? If not fit enough yet or just not considered good enough then like many of us also suspected, a ridiculously expensive and risky signing, when all we’ve needed since April is a fit and ready to go decent League One full back. A month now and after all the effort to sign him and the cost, we’ve spent a lot of time and money for very little so far!

At least some positives today and could easily have been a win at the end which would have felt so much better than just the one point.
it was mention that Anderson was one of the squad members who went down wit sickness on Rad Ox - I think?

That would imply that if he wins it, his job is unquestionably safe for the rest of the season.

I don't think it is, so therefore it it isn't a "cup final" by any stretch of the imagination...
its not even a 'local derby'

I knew we’d concede a goal, just a pity we couldn’t score that all important second. If we go 2up they would of collapsed, but it’s fine margins! They could of got a second too, massive pressure on KR now at home to Wycombe, and we know that won’t be a pretty game. In fact it will be bloody tough.

Mixed feelings about today - a point is a decent enough result but we could've, and probably should have won especially against struggling Charlton team who probably share the same thoughts. Next week will be very important for us because after that we have a flurry of very difficult fixtures this month including Peterborough, Portsmouth and Bolton along with Exeter away. Wycombe are equally under pressure as they drift to the relegation zone.

We really need key players back for Saturday as that could provide a refreshed boost and give us a little more options.

Mixed feelings about today - a point is a decent enough result but we could've, and probably should have won especially against struggling Charlton team who probably share the same thoughts. Next week will be very important for us because after that we have a flurry of very difficult fixtures this month including Peterborough, Portsmouth and Bolton along with Exeter away. Wycombe are equally under pressure as they drift to the relegation zone.

We really need key players back for Saturday as that could provide a refreshed boost and give us a little more options.
Only trouble is they aren’t going to be exactly match sharp and properly fit for a full game for a while. First few games back, I’m not sure what we can realistically expect. Hope they don’t have to play within themselves!

Be a much needed boost all the same! As long as they then stay fit!

Ten rows back slightly to the left of the goal. Bodin broke a supporters watch with his wild effort. It was chronically bad.

Decent game though , Moore and Findlay looked well balanced and authoritative.

Bate isn’t big enough and shouldn’t be starting games.

But we had a bit of shape and purpose to our play, definite improvement today.

Charlton played a lot better in second half, the Palace on loan winger was a handful.

Well done Eastwood with that late save, thought our goose wa cooked there.

Ref downright incompetent.

Good point.
Agree with absolutely everything you say except the ref. I would have him every week.

KR’s 1st game was at Fratton Park it could well be his last game for us. Saying that win every game before then and we all will be singing his name again.

This. Good post.

I think Henry was the core of the team for his first 3 seasons with us. When he played well, we played well, and THAT partnership with Matty was the most productive in the EFL, if not the country. A very good footballer who has just aged, unashamedly so, and still visibly puts in the effort week in week out. He may not be the player he once was and agreed re: Jones, but I think we need to respect how he's played and the part he's played in our return to establishing ourselves since he joined.
Yes well said. Don’t know why some people seem so unappreciative of James Henry who’s been a hero for us. He hasn’t really got going this season ( especially at wing back) but who has?

Personally, I thought we looked much better for big parts of that game. The first half, I can't remember them having a shot of purpose and we started much brighter than we've seen all season. The goal was outstanding, and we could have had another couple with a touch more luck.

Charlton came into it more in the second half, but we remained fairly solid for most of it. Unfortunately the goal was like a few we conceded last season where it just needed a decisive touch to clear our lines rather than all the pinball stuff. But even after that we looked to step up a gear and could have snatched a win at the end.

A draw was maybe fair, but there were more positives than negatives today. We look more assured with Moore back and Findlay playing in a flat 4. Browne looks like he's getting back to his best, Matty got some minutes and Jodi Jones looks like he's brought his international confidence back with him.

And I try not to get involved in some of the rubbish on here, but next Saturday being the KR Cup Final?? Have a word with yourselves!!! That's the kind of tin pot stuff that we'd be pissing ourselves over if fans of another club posted it!!

Special mention for the fans today and the loudest man in the history of the world behind me, like someone gave Brian Blessed a megaphone 🙉

How do you know that, after one game?
Robinsons cup final comes next week. I wonder how they will react then?
It only takes one game to prove that doesn’t it? They either run or they don’t and nobody has a gun to their head. They didn’t look like a team who thought their coach was a pillock and wanted him replaced. They put in the miles today and to a man they looked like they cared.

Every game is a cup final in yours eyes and a couple of others I’ve heard because you want KR out the door - fair enough. I too need more convincing that I was wrong to suggest change. But today was a reminder that they are still playing for him in my opinion and I feel much, much better for seeing that and so will the owners.

It only takes one game to prove that doesn’t it? They either run or they don’t and nobody has a gun to their head. They didn’t look like a team who thought their coach was a pillock and wanted him replaced. They put in the miles today and to a man they looked like they cared.

Every game is a cup final in yours eyes and a couple of others I’ve heard because you want KR out the door - fair enough. I too need more convincing that I was wrong to suggest change. But today was a reminder that they are still playing for him in my opinion and I feel much, much better for seeing that and so will the owners.
I have the feeling that we’re starting with a clean slate now and that Robinson will be supported to the full but also judged on results and performances from today onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom