Away Match Day Thread 01/10/22 - L1: Charlton v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the focus is always just on promotion then it makes for a disappointing time ..that can also mean relegation too if you aren't able to consolidate. That RadOx caller needs to get with the ptogramme..we know perfectly well who the new directors are.

I'm just glad we didn't lose .. we've got an extra point on the board and let's move on to next week as my predictions for this month go I've started alright (unfortunately)

If we win our game in hand, we are only 10 points off the autos. What you do in the second half of the season counts a hell of a lot more than what you do in the first half of the season.
Don't agree, points count all through the season no matter when they come. Three points in the first game of the season are just as important as three in the last in terms of totting up.
We dropped two today, you can't get those back.

Much better from the lads today, yes we should have won but a draw away at the valley is not too shabby. Players coming back from injury is starting to make a difference and I for one am optimistic for the games coming Up.

COYY

Suspect I’m the minority here but I actually feel a whole lot better after watching that. I personally thought it was 2 decent sides low on confidence but both will grow in to the season and get plenty of points playing like that. Perhaps not enough to go up and the 2 late chances embodied the problems both are having. Bodin, to his credit, left his man for dead and not many players get that far. That part was star quality. But the finish was ridiculous. Good, clinical sides do the basics well and that’s a simple finish after doing the hard part.

It wasn’t breathtaking by any stretch but encouraging with some (hopefully) dangerous players still to come in and contribute. We at least resembled a side of old and any idea KR had lost the dressing room were completely squashed today. Special mention for Findlay who’s been branded all sorts of rubbish recently which has been wildly unfair but today he was outstanding with Moore and Brown.

Very harsh, Henry was consistently excellent for years for us, even last season he started well before injuries did for him. He's always seemed to have been held to much higher standards than most the rest of the squad.

That said there's no way he should have been given a 2 year deal this summer and I'm pretty sure a different manager would be playing Jones ahead of him as he doesn't warrant a starting place.

This. Good post.

I think Henry was the core of the team for his first 3 seasons with us. When he played well, we played well, and THAT partnership with Matty was the most productive in the EFL, if not the country. A very good footballer who has just aged, unashamedly so, and still visibly puts in the effort week in week out. He may not be the player he once was and agreed re: Jones, but I think we need to respect how he's played and the part he's played in our return to establishing ourselves since he joined.

Ten rows back slightly to the left of the goal. Bodin broke a supporters watch with his wild effort. It was chronically bad.

Decent game though , Moore and Findlay looked well balanced and authoritative.

Bate isn’t big enough and shouldn’t be starting games.

But we had a bit of shape and purpose to our play, definite improvement today.

Charlton played a lot better in second half, the Palace on loan winger was a handful.

Well done Eastwood with that late save, thought our goose wa cooked there.

Ref downright incompetent.

Good point.

I'm just glad we didn't lose .. we've got an extra point on the board and let's move on to next week as my predictions for this month go I've started alright (unfortunately)
Onto what someone today called
The robinson Cup Final.

Suspect I’m the minority here but I actually feel a whole lot better after watching that. I personally thought it was 2 decent sides low on confidence but both will grow in to the season and get plenty of points playing like that. Perhaps not enough to go up and the 2 late chances embodied the problems both are having. Bodin, to his credit, left his man for dead and not many players get that far. That part was star quality. But the finish was ridiculous. Good, clinical sides do the basics well and that’s a simple finish after doing the hard part.

It wasn’t breathtaking by any stretch but encouraging with some (hopefully) dangerous players still to come in and contribute. We at least resembled a side of old and any idea KR had lost the dressing room were completely squashed today. Special mention for Findlay who’s been branded all sorts of rubbish recently which has been wildly unfair but today he was outstanding with Moore and Brown.
How do you know that, after one game?
Robinsons cup final comes next week. I wonder how they will react then?

Another meh game against a poor and struggling side. There's nothing at all about us, but I suppose we could say we looked "competent" today rather than our usual heap of s**t.

Based on today and a number of other games, and not trying to be unkind, but are we able to end Bate’s loan in Jan? Just too lightweight as many suspected when he was signed, that midfield is just crying out for a real solid player, and has been for 2-3 years!

Anybody any idea where Anderson was today? If not fit enough yet or just not considered good enough then like many of us also suspected, a ridiculously expensive and risky signing, when all we’ve needed since April is a fit and ready to go decent League One full back. A month now and after all the effort to sign him and the cost, we’ve spent a lot of time and money for very little so far!

At least some positives today and could easily have been a win at the end which would have felt so much better than just the one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom