Tickets Wycombe Tix

I’m sure they will have asked for more but it is impossible to expect any more now home tickets have been sold in that area.

I would rather have some more toilets than seats. These days the queues for the latrines that away end play havoc with my bladder.

as per WWFC 'limit' the allocation for away tickets to just those behind the goal for Oxford United's visit

yet for (some) other visiting clubs an addition of several hundred more, are allocated

Extract from footballgrounds guide website (link below) regarding away supporters.....

"Away fans are mostly located at one end of the ground in the Dreams Stand, where just over 2,000 supporters can be accommodated. For teams with a larger following then 350 seats are also made available in the Main Stand, increasing the total allocation to 2,350."

1808 tickets allocated (and all sold) for the away visit there..... maths isn't my strong point, however I make that 542 away tickets light for a club less than 30 miles away

IF 2350 away tickets are available why, yet again, have only 1808 been made available for OUFC visit?

@OUSP Secretary & @OxVox can this be investigated?

( BTW - it has nothing to do with the cost of Policing, nor is the restricting away tickets for Oxford United's visit 'on the advice' of TVP ..... a FOI request, a few seasons ago now, when WWFC, on their official twitter outlet CLAIMED TVP had imposed restrictions and were subsequently proven to be untruthful, as the aforementioned FOI information, provided by TVP Commisioners office confirmed *)

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html

* Either somewhere in the archives of this incarnation of YF, or a previous incarnation of YF, the FOI information referred to and all the discussions at that time, can, presumably, be viewed (?)

EDIT....What are the odds on WWFC (mis)using covid restriction requirements as this seasons 'excuse' ???
Have raised this and will let you know when we find out anything.

Have raised this and will let you know when we find out anything.
The limit was set by WWFC on advice from their safety group based on past behaviour between the two clubs. We have pointed out that this decision is likely to increase away fans getting tickets in home end and is therefore counterproductive from a safety point of view.

The limit was set by WWFC on advice from their safety group based on past behaviour between the two clubs. We have pointed out that this decision is likely to increase away fans getting tickets in home end and is therefore counterproductive from a safety point of view.
cheers for asking ...... agree with your comments

Historically there's no rivalry, never has been, the claim from WWFC safety group regarding past behaviour ( between the two clubs) is very subjective IMO

Unless perhaps the behaviour they're referring to is that 'leave it' shout in the play-off final two seasons ago ?

Jesus, the closest I have ever seen come close to 'bad behaviour' at Wycombe was after Nicky Wroe hit that superb winner right at the end in 2014, leading to about 6 people bursting through those weird foam barriers they had in the away end! What a goal that was btw.

Jesus, the closest I have ever seen come close to 'bad behaviour' at Wycombe was after Nicky Wroe hit that superb winner right at the end in 2014, leading to about 6 people bursting through those weird foam barriers they had in the away end! What a goal that was btw.

Blimey, I'd forgotten about that or even the fact that Wroe had played for us! What a strike that was. I guess Williams will be the only player from that game to play this time, or is Bloomfield still going?

The 350 tickets in the main stand would be ideal for OAPs and those that are not so mobile. ie people who may struggle with the mayhem that sometimes evolves in the away end.
When we have a full house at Kassam, I see those empty seats in North Stand in front of the disabled area and feel they could be used for people that have reduced mobility and would not be jumping up when a goal is scored.

I thought their manager Ainsworth set a figure a few seasons back knowing we would being great support, then there was the policegate version where TVP set the amount Oxford should get but they then denied this and it was the Ainsworth version, and tbh I don’t think there has been any behavioural problem with the fans of any note.
I think it’s just WW being awkward

Back to the small matter of a football match this weekend.

If anyone has a spare ticket for Wycombe on Saturday please DM me and I will gladly take it off your hands. Thanks.

Last edited:
I had a phone call yesterday that the club had some tickets returned so email the club to go on the waiting list in the meantime.

They're currently winning 2-0 away at Bolton. Hate to say it but they look good.

Hope tonight knackers them out a bit!

Is anyone aware of any spare tickets for the game tomorrow? I stupidly left it too late - looking for two ideally. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom