Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.32 - Wycombe away

Thanks Paul, I did not go to WW but the whole evening sounded grim. The club seem a mess at the moment, no clear direction. Have the club taken their eyes off the ball, concentrating on the ground? However, on the bright side if there was to be only 1 victory that day the stadium decision was the most important by far.

I am surprised Ainsworth never seems to be linked with a move away to a 'bigger' club, maybe the style of play puts others off. In recent months, Pompey, Posh, Norwich, and currently Blackpool have been looking for a new man, I wonder if approaches were made?

Another good read and a fair assessment if anything you are being too positive on the performance, a friend on Saturday said of the game "it will be Wycombes easiest game of the season on Tuesday" and it did look very comfortable for them.

Another good read interesting to see the wages. To think we are paying 7500 a week to 2 players who have barely been on the pitch this season is borderline scandalous. I wonder what GOD and TG are on. I would guess peanuts by comparison.

To think we are paying 7500 a week to 2 players who have barely been on the pitch this season is borderline scandalous
It’s actually more than that if you’re talking about Baldock and Murphy. Salary Sport isn’t as accurate as people assume it is. Henry is also on more than 4k since his new deal in August.

Those three players combined are on nearly 15k per week. And they’ve all got another year on their contracts.

It’s actually more than that if you’re talking about Baldock and Murphy. Salary Sport isn’t as accurate as people assume it is. Henry is also on more than 4k since his new deal in August.

Those three players combined are on nearly 15k per week. And they’ve all got another year on their contracts.
If KR is responsible for those contracts being dished out then he should be sacked for that alone. One can be put down to incompetence, three is just scandalous.

I suppose the only consolation is that our owners must be so rich they don’t mind him blowing their money like that..? 🤷🏻‍♂️

We ended up refunding our tickets as we were both coughing and wheezing enough to overcome our sense of duty to attend. Watching on iFollow (naughty VPN) Mrs L remarked how grateful she was that we hadn't made the trip to watch the dross on offer. Instead, we enjoyed a bottle of wine to celebrate the Triangle (hate that name) and had a meal in front of the woodburner.
Thank you KR for spoiling our enjoyment. And, it has to be said, thanks to the board for letting this farce continue.

That, if true, drives me insane.

Another good read interesting to see the wages. To think we are paying 7500 a week to 2 players who have barely been on the pitch this season is borderline scandalous. I wonder what GOD and TG are on. I would guess peanuts by comparison.
GOD shown as £490 a week and TG on £410 a week.

I wonder how much we have have had to earn to cover the cost of the 4 players (Jones, Murphy, Henry, Baldock) mentioned by Paul B so far?

I wonder how much we have have had to earn to cover the cost of the 4 players (Jones, Murphy, Henry, Baldock) mentioned by Paul B so far?
You could possibly add Stevens to that ever growing list (Maybe Findlay too in the next couple of days?!) I don’t know how much they’ll be costing us without contributing but It’s far from unusual for parent clubs to cover a percentage of the wages. Are such loans beneficial to the club or are they down to ‘personal issues’ with the management? Surely the owners, and the people they have charged to run the club professionally are taking note.

Excellent Paul & you sum up exactly how I & all of the folks feel that I go to matches with. The board do not have the cojones to sack KR - of that I am certain - but he has to go sooner rather than later.
Whilst on salaries - CB is on £12K a week & he has not been the player he once was since his pay rise & the team have not performed at all since that pay review.

Excellent Paul & you sum up exactly how I & all of the folks feel that I go to matches with. The board do not have the cojones to sack KR - of that I am certain - but he has to go sooner rather than later.
Whilst on salaries - CB is on £12K a week & he has not been the player he once was since his pay rise & the team have not performed at all since that pay review.
Yes, and according to the site only 4 players in L1 are on more than Cam. Barry Bannon 21k a week, two at Plymouth, Bali Mumba and Sam Cosgrove, on £18k a week and Slobodan Tedić on £13k a week at Barnsley. There are 6 others on 12k a week.

Yes, and according to the site only 4 players in L1 are on more than Cam. Barry Bannon 21k a week, two at Plymouth, Bali Mumba and Sam Cosgrove, on £18k a week and Slobodan Tedić on £13k a week at Barnsley. There are 6 others on 12k a week.
Apart from Bannan, are any of the others loan players whose parent club are paying the bulk of their wages?

Apart from Bannan, are any of the others loan players whose parent club are paying the bulk of their wages?
Fair question.
Mumba is on loan from Norwich.
Cosgrove is on loan from Birmingham.
Tedic is on loan from Man C.
Unlikely to know how much parent club are paying. I suspect it is a very high percentage.
Our loanees are shown thus - Kyle Joseph £6k a week and Lewis Bate £5k a week.

Back
Top Bottom