Sport Winter Cricket Thread

Crawley went for 66

both Root and Denley need to bat sensibly now

150-3 now. We could have really done without the tea break - Sibley and Crawley were looking completely untroubled and just milking the bowling. I expect Boucher gave the Proteas' bowling unit a rocket during the interval and reminded them that with no spinner the onus is on them more, as they've bowled with a lot more intent and enthusiasm this session. Denly was already dropped twice before getting out for yet another 20/30s score. I think when Burns gets back in the summer we'll see him and Sibley with Crawley at 3. That certainly would hold a lot of promise for the future, with Root, Stokes and Pope following that!

I blame Nasser for this - it was his comments on TV that precipitated the collapse. Wasting an excellent start this!

"Come and see me outside and say that, you f*cking four-eyed c*nt!"
Language Benjamin!

Silly behaviour from Stokes, but I’m sure the fan wasn’t politely critiquing his batting performance!

Makes you wonder what was said to him?!

"What the spectator said to Stokes was not audible on camera but witnesses in the area suggested to the Guardian that a middle-aged male supporter wearing a South Africa one-day shirt had walked more than 50 metres to abuse Stokes, allegedly calling him a “ginger c*nt” and referencing the singer Ed Sheeran."

Pope looks some player.
Its a shame that the ground us so empty (England fans chose Cape Town as their main Test)
223 for 4. This partnership could be the critical one.

Pope looks some player.
Its a shame that the ground us so empty (England fans chose Cape Town as their main Test)
223 for 4. This partnership could be the critical one.
Be good if england still have wickets in hand come close of play today

Oops. There’s that wobble again. We’ll hopefully still post a very competitive score though, especially with SA to bat last. Looks like they’ll have a lot to do to win the game from here. Not sure what the weather forecast is for the rest of the game but with us only needing to draw it could also be a factor.

Broad and Wood smashing the ball all over the place, added 50 valuable runs for the last wicket, up to 370 now.

400 all out. 10th wicket stand got us out of a bit of a hole.

One good thing about not going to the game was watching Wood and Broad bat. Where was Philander? Tucking into the tea buffet early?

Back
Top Bottom