National News Who next

Sorry, not a serving MP. :)

Least I get to vote, might put it to a poll on here. :ROFLMAO:

You get to vote between the two that the Tory MPs leave you with. That may not be the greatest choice in the world!

For what it's worth, though - I agree with you. Tom Tugendhat does look like the best of a horrific slate of candidates. Centrist, pragmatic, competent, incredibly experienced and knowledgeable on foreign policy issues and a remainer.

He's got no chance though with that list of skills, has he?

Jeremy Corbyn has finally had his old age lurch to the right and wins a by election as a Tory, steps in and finally becomes PM and the first thing he does is imprisons Marcus Rashford, Essex yellows claims he always liked Corbyn.

Could be in with a shout. He’s been their ally for years and helped secure them a massive majority …

Can’t we just have a GE and skip who’ll be Tory PM and give the Reds a go for a bit?

You get to vote between the two that the Tory MPs leave you with. That may not be the greatest choice in the world!

For what it's worth, though - I agree with you. Tom Tugendhat does look like the best of a horrific slate of candidates. Centrist, pragmatic, competent, incredibly experienced and knowledgeable on foreign policy issues and a remainer.

He's got no chance though with that list of skills, has he?

I know but, as per other threads, it's the system you have to live with.

Tom T could be the next Rory Stewart............... got the skills but hasn`t got the "old grey men" of the party.

That is the Conservative problem.

Well Suella Braverman, the Attorney General, has launched her campaign to be PM tonight.

As for the questions:

1) Rory Stewart but the Tories screwed that up.
2) Jeremy Hunt or some mad Tory right nutter like Steve Baker.
Absolutely ... Rory Stewart intelligent, thoughtful and experience of UK and international issues.

Just had a bit of of a problem sitting on a stool during a tv debate .

Absolutely ... Rory Stewart intelligent, thoughtful and experience of UK and international issues.

Just had a bit of of a problem sitting on a stool during a tv debate .

All the important things like this and eating a bacon sarnie to decide an election. Who cares about competence as long as they have "charisma".

Priti Patel wants to be prime minister. She’s very right wing, and I think that would be a bit extreme.

Boris Johnson

Michael Gove

Nadine Dorries

Matt Hancock

Priti Patel

These people ran our country. They were elected to lead us, to represent us.

It’s literally unbelievable. How on earth can that list be the best of the best. I’d genuinely rather have EssexYellows and Bazzer running things 🤦🏻‍♂️

So if Johnson is correct and the majority of Tory members still support him, his endorsement will be priceless. God help us!

I am available!

I am an MP, have been since my birth.
And I serve the missus a cup of tea every morning, have done since our first night together.

And if necessary I can lie better than BJ.
I'm available, where do I sign?

I am available!

And I serve the missus a cup of tea every morning, have done since our first night together.

Hold on, before you commit to that.....can you play left-back?

I am available!

You have ruled yourself out already. By signing something you have committed to it. You say you *will* sign and accept the job. Throughout the job you then insist that you *did* sign and someone else has lost the form. Then when it all goes wrong you point out that you *didn't* sign so it was never your responsibility anyway. If anyone remembers your two earlier statements just repeatedly say that you didn't say them, the media has made them up or that you have forgotten you said them and are truly truly sorry (smirk is optional at this point). And then refuse to go anyway because you've got a man who makes balloon animals booked for a fortnight's time and you want to use the garden.

Also you have shown thoughtfulness by making your wife cups of tea. Your wife has to make her own cups of tea while your mistress makes one for you.

Next!

Last edited:
Boris Johnson

Michael Gove

Nadine Dorries

Matt Hancock

Priti Patel

It’s literally unbelievable. How on earth can that list be the best of the best. I’d genuinely rather have EssexYellows and Bazzer running things 🤦🏻‍♂️

This is the latest view of the Party members:

On the bright side with his track record, and if Zahawi remains chancellor, he should be able to get some of the £37 billion of Covid support etc paid out to fraudsters. 😳

The Treasury (civil service) wanted to water down the power of Sunaks fraud investigation department/team, so JRM has pulled the plug saying it's not worth setting up if it hasn`t got teeth.
Should be in the news somewhere.

Hope I get to choose between 2 of 3 from Wallace , Baker or Tugendhat.

Probably end up with Sunak, Hunt or Zahawi. :rolleyes:

The Treasury (civil service) wanted to water down the power of Sunaks fraud investigation department/team, so JRM has pulled the plug saying it's not worth setting up if it hasn`t got teeth.
Should be in the news somewhere.

Hope I get to choose between 2 of 3 from Wallace , Baker or Tugendhat.

Probably end up with Sunak, Hunt or Zahawi. :rolleyes:

Baker, really? The man is another loon!

Boris Johnson

Michael Gove

Nadine Dorries

Matt Hancock

Priti Patel

Just part of the Boris get yes men/woman in place who wont ask difficult questions. But love the way he got his revenge on Gove

Although personality & the ability to communicate well is an important part of being PM , policy’s are far more important to me.
USA went for a personality, we followed & ended up with someone who’s default position when asked a difficult question was to lie then cover that with another & another. I liked jC policys but thought his personality fell a little short. Sorry if that sound a contradiction in terms, but hop you know where I’m coming from.

Back
Top Bottom