International News China - the next threat?

No squirrels but this joint statement is unusual.

True story. About 12 years ago we were accosted in the beer garden of the Victoria Arms in Marston by a seemingly delusional conspiracy theorist, who - whilst enjoying a pint by the river - decided to spend 10 minutes telling us (completely unprompted of course) of the impending threat of China and how it would be the death of civilisation.
"What a loon" we thought, and promptly forgot about him.

Until Covid. And now this guy pops into my head whenever I hear the mention of China and I think 'maybe the loon was right'!
Although probably still just a loon.

That's your anecdote for tonight folks.

True story. About 12 years ago we were accosted in the beer garden of the Victoria Arms in Marston by a seemingly delusional conspiracy theorist, who - whilst enjoying a pint by the river - decided to spend 10 minutes telling us (completely unprompted of course) of the impending threat of China and how it would be the death of civilisation.
"What a loon" we thought, and promptly forgot about him.

Until Covid. And now this guy pops into my head whenever I hear the mention of China and I think 'maybe the loon was right'!
Although probably still just a loon.

That's your anecdote for tonight folks.
What were you drinking? Any snacks? What was the weather like - warm and sunny or merely dry enough to sit outside?

What does "Chinese Fury" sound like?

Good band name though..........

Back
Top Bottom