National News Who next

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Penny Maudant.
I remember being one of the few to forecast Major as PM when he was a 33-1 outsider.
The favourites might well be the two who resigned, or the new chancellor.
I can’t help feeling that someone without too many links with Boris might come through
agree - both Sunak and Javid will be 'favourites' - though it remains as yet to be seen if their close association with BoJo will see either of them miss out

I’m just wondering when all the beergate thing will flare up again. Might end up with two leadership contests.
Liz Truss presumably fancies her chances as she has rushed back from abroad.
It will certainly be an interesting couple of weeks.
Dominic Raab has ruled himself out. No surprise there to be honest as he is hardly Mr Personality

I’m just wondering when all the beergate thing will flare up again. Might end up with two leadership contests.
Liz Truss presumably fancies her chances as she has rushed back from abroad.
It will certainly be an interesting couple of weeks.
Dominic Raab has ruled himself out. No surprise there to be honest as he is hardly Mr Personality

I think she will get it. I see a little bit of Thatcher in her, and that is no bad thing.

Not sure a climate change denier who doesn't think Brexit was hard enough is going to help the economy - and that is even before the quoting satan thing.

Who would you have in number 10 given the choice…

I think she will get it. I see a little bit of Thatcher in her, and that is no bad thing.
Not a lot of competence though. this is a woman that once pronounced her apparent success in stopping drones being used to deliver contraband to prisoners by having "barking dogs".

Who would you have in number 10 given the choice…
Can't say many of the current front-line crop of Tories have the basic competence, or the moral values for the job. I mean, Boris has just had to appoint the first chancellor in British history to have his business and financial affairs have to be investigated by the National Crime Agency.
The issue is that the politicians that do have the ability don't have the BS cult of personality crap that is "expected".

Here's an interesting one - old man Ken Clarke...

Stability, experience, and a calming force for 4-6 months as caretaker as we await the results of a leadership contest 🤔

Whether he lives that long remains to be seen.

You have to have a degree of character to get on in politics.

The problems start when that character trait gets power & money............... and its a fair bet almost all of them have either "things they said" or skeletons in the cupboard.

🤷‍♀️ :)

You have to have a degree of character to get on in politics.

The problems start when that character trait gets power & money............... and its a fair bet almost all of them have either "things they said" or skeletons in the cupboard.

🤷‍♀️ :)
yes, but there is a difference between having a bit of personality, and it being reduced to a Love Island like contest (of course they could go for MadNad and get the full anus eating I'm A Celebrity experience).

Here's an interesting one - old man Ken Clarke...

Stability, experience, and a calming force for 4-6 months as caretaker as we await the results of a leadership contest 🤔

Whether he lives that long remains to be seen.
Well, would have experience, gravitas, and ability, but too pro-European for this Tory party.

Back
Top Bottom