FA Cup West Brom v Wolves

Apparently due to Wolves fans getting tickets in with the home fans.

With strong rumours that Reading fans have been obtaining tickets in home support stands for coming Saturday, I do hope that the powers that be have taken this, potential issue, seriously. Far too often we have seen away fans in with home fans recently.

With strong rumours that Reading fans have been obtaining tickets in home support stands for coming Saturday, I do hope that the powers that be have taken this, potential issue, seriously. Far too often we have seen away fans in with home fans recently.
It will be absolutely stupid if they have as now we seem to have an ultras just behind us and having listening to a few of them tells me if Reading have them it will kick off, I bloody hope not you would think those days are over but obviously there are still some idiots.

It will be absolutely stupid if they have as now we seem to have an ultras just behind us and having listening to a few of them tells me if Reading have them it will kick off, I bloody hope not you would think those days are over but obviously there are still some idiots.
I was just saying to Mrs L that you and Mrs B sit in the East stand. I can well believe there are some who think it will be fun to have some sort of altercation but, there are far more that will not wish to be involved. Times have changed, people have moved on from the more tribal actions.

The crucial factor being that any sort of confrontation will fuel the anti stadium lot.

I was just saying to Mrs L that you and Mrs B sit in the East stand. I can well believe there are some who think it will be fun to have some sort of altercation but, there are far more that will not wish to be involved. Times have changed, people have moved on from the more tribal actions.

The crucial factor being that any sort of confrontation will fuel the anti stadium lot.
Let’s hope Tim and Grant realise this and have made sure all aspects of the day run smoothly!
IMO they didn’t make it all ticket soon enough which is why there is a chance some Reading fans have managed to obtain tickets in the home end.

If any away fans are stupid enough to buy in the East stand then they probably know and expect what’s going to happen. Most sensible ones don’t and sit on their hands in the North or South stands from my experience.

Absolutely

If any away fans are stupid enough to buy in the East stand then they probably know and expect what’s going to happen. Most sensible ones don’t and sit on their hands in the North or South stands from my experience.
There will be a few who buy tickets for the restaurant and end up sitting behind the directors. We've see this in the past and, while not ideal, they usually respect the situation and those around them. This is not always the case and complaints have been made. (I can also recall some in the directors box being very vocal and causing a lot of aggravation with home fans - contrary to expected behaviour)
As far as the East stand goes, any Reading support expecting to sit there with impunity will be naive at the very least!
Reminds me of an occasion when we entertained Liverpool at the Manor. Somehow one scouse lunatic pulled a knife and proceeded up the London Road from pitch side heading for the top of the stand. Shouting that he was going to stab anyone in his way (or words to that effect - he had a strange manner of conveying his thoughts) the crowd parted. However, as he neared the top, the crowd converged again and he disappeared. After a few minutes his rather limp, bedraggled and definitely broken body was deposited on the pitch side of the stand.

Last edited:

Same rumour when we played Millwall, Sunderland etc.

Not sure what everyone is worried about, Reading have never been up for a fight in the past, they're quite a different proposition from the scum, Gas, Luton, Pompey etc. But yes, it's a good point about being careful regarding the new stadium.

Back
Top Bottom