EPL Kurt Zouma - West Ham

Essexyellows

Another footballer being stupid and "The Metropolitan Police will not be investigating the incident."

Weird that a local primary school teacher was filmed kicking & slapping her horse and has lost her job and is being prosecuted by the RSPCA after "social media outrage"....

Did the police investigate the teacher? The RSPCA may still investigate Zouma

In both cases it is a summary offence, Animal Welfare Act 2006, so the police can investigate and charge.
Maybe they just pass cases to the RSPCA by default these days?

The teacher lost her job before the RSPCA charged her purely on the back of the social media "storm".

In both cases it is a summary offence, Animal Welfare Act 2006, so the police can investigate and charge.
Maybe they just pass cases to the RSPCA by default these days?

The teacher lost her job before the RSPCA charged her purely on the back of the social media "storm".
But my point is, if the police didn’t investigate in both cases and just let the RSPCA investigate then it’s not ‘weird’ or a different standard as I (think) you were suggesting?

But my point is, if the police didn’t investigate in both cases and just let the RSPCA investigate then it’s not ‘weird’ or a different standard as I (think) you were suggesting?

We shall see, I`ll take a guess that the footballer will retain his employment and won`t get prosecuted.

The school teacher, for comparison, was sacked and in court within 3 months.

We shall see, I`ll take a guess that the footballer will retain his employment and won`t get prosecuted.

The school teacher, for comparison, was sacked and in court within 3 months.
Employment is irrelevant as different employers have different choices to make. Footballers are assets, if you sack a teacher you stop paying them and just hire someone else. Footballers are worth money so sacking them means a different thing. I’m pretty sure if a salesman who was ‘worth’ millions to a private business did the same they might not get fired if the owners decided the cost of losing them was higher than the backlash. Plus, schoolteachers are left in sole charge of children, legally vulnerable people, so they are held to a higher standard. You’re not comparing like with like.

I bet he is charged by the RSPCA.

Employment is irrelevant as different employers have different choices to make. Footballers are assets, if you sack a teacher you stop paying them and just hire someone else. Footballers are worth money so sacking them means a different thing. I’m pretty sure if a salesman who was ‘worth’ millions to a private business did the same they might not get fired if the owners decided the cost of losing them was higher than the backlash. Plus, schoolteachers are left in sole charge of children, legally vulnerable people, so they are held to a higher standard. You’re not comparing like with like.

Sadly you are right in that teachers are dispensable, and they can quite easily get another one in, whereas replacing a Centre-back who they only purchased in August is another matter. Also if they sack him, then they are effectively writing off the £29 million they paid for him.

However, I would say that footballers SHOULD be held to higher standard because they are role-models who are idolised by little kids. As we've seen in the news recently their standards have slipped somewhat, and it will interesting to see how West Ham deal with this internally. We've seen Raith Rovers change their mind over signing the rapist David Goodwillie, but I guess money talks louder than justice.

Last edited:

highly likely ....sizably huge fine imposed and a ban on keeping pets/ animals for some length of time

there'll be some 'interesting' songs/ chants from opposing teams support following him around for the rest of his career

highly likely ....sizably huge fine imposed and a ban on keeping pets/ animals for some length of time

there'll be some 'interesting' songs/ chants from opposing teams support following him around for the rest of his career
such as this one.....

273535566_2580326062103723_1250378305266600238_n.jpg

I can imagine they've already been thought up.

Jokes aside the bloke is an absolute A*****e for what he did.

RSPCA I hope will bring legal action against Zouma and apart from a hefty fine a total ban on him having any pets in the U.K. for 10 years. Heard on the radio the cat protection league or whatever they’re called hope he gets dismissed but can’t see that

Tiger sends his apologies but from now on will have his own private box.

He has apoloigised ……. which makes it alright……..
another fine example of some one who belongs to the overpaid overrated brigade ,

If I was a Watford fan I would shout "meow" everytime he touched the ball tonight.

(I am very much a cat lover by the way, and I think zouma should be severely punished)

Back
Top Bottom