Other European West Ham Supporters

and rightly so too,
well done West Ham in winning the Euro Conference cup ... only a few seasons ago we thumped em 4-0

imagine what Oxford Utd might have achieved in the 80s , if a bunch of bindipping 'victims' actions, that resulted in the loss of many lives at Heyschel stadium, hadn't cost us our opportunity to play on the European stage
No @Sarge don’t go there, just don’t……😀

If a similar tragedy were to happen today, would EUFA have the predilection to ban EPL teams from european competition.......

DON'T!!?? I've never been so wounded,as to never have got the chance to see the yellows in Europe..That would of been some time, DEFFO would of gone , especially if we would of got a team quite close ,like in France ,Belgium, Netherlands, or the like. I think we would of got quite a good turn out.. knowing our luck we would of got Bangor City ...

DON'T!!?? I've never been so wounded,as to never have got the chance to see the yellows in Europe..That would of been some time, DEFFO would of gone , especially if we would of got a team quite close ,like in France ,Belgium, Netherlands, or the like. I think we would of got quite a good turn out.. knowing our luck we would of got Bangor City ...

I know it wasn't a group format back then, but if we ever got there now the dream group (and 3 away games) has to be a real mix.

1. A European giant in a big city who is playing below their level, ideally southern to distinguish itself from no.2 below. So maybe Valencia or Bilbao or Roma or Sporting Lisbon. We take 3000.

2. A North European beer trip, easy to get to, where you take mega numbers. Ideally Netherlands or Belgium but could be Germany or Denmark at a push. Bang average opponent - Groningen or Genk. We take 5000.

3. Something obscure. Somewhere you needed two flights and a train to get to. So you can say you were one of the 528 Oxford fans at Qarabag or Dinamo Tbilisi.

Right here, right now I'll go Sevilla, Club Bruges and Lokomotiv Plovdiv.

And yes, I think about this a lot.

I know it wasn't a group format back then, but if we ever got there now the dream group (and 3 away games) has to be a real mix.

1. A European giant in a big city who is playing below their level, ideally southern to distinguish itself from no.2 below. So maybe Valencia or Bilbao or Roma or Sporting Lisbon. We take 3000.

2. A North European beer trip, easy to get to, where you take mega numbers. Ideally Netherlands or Belgium but could be Germany or Denmark at a push. Bang average opponent - Groningen or Genk. We take 5000.

3. Something obscure. Somewhere you needed two flights and a train to get to. So you can say you were one of the 528 Oxford fans at Qarabag or Dinamo Tbilisi.

Your group 3 are a bit mainstream, need to go a bit more obscure. Someone like Tikvesh from Macedonia, MSK Zillina from Slovakia or Tameka from Estonia, somewhere that’s essentially going to end up with Ryan Birdio being elected Mayor or shot dead by the end of the trip.

Yes & the thing that hurts is the dream became a reality, only for it to be taken away. All English teams should not of got banned it should of been scousers & scousers only. It wasn't only Oxford , wasn't it Oldham Luton, Norwich, can't remember who else missed out . Never ever will I be so annoyed about missing out. Especially if I never get the chance again to see it in my lifetime. Which I think is virtually zero chance now.

I was a bit too young at the time for this. How did this work and why was it stopped?

I swear I watched us play in this in the early nineties but against an English team like Bristol City, think you had to get to a certain stage to play the Italian team.

We played Roma years back in it didn’t we?

I swear I watched us play in this in the early nineties but against an English team like Bristol City, think you had to get to a certain stage to play the Italian team.

We played Roma years back in it didn’t we?
Won 2-0 away to Roma in the 70s. I'm sure there are some on here long in the tooth enough to remember it. I think we came back from that game and won away at Swindon the game after as well.

DON'T!!?? I've never been so wounded,as to never have got the chance to see the yellows in Europe..That would have been some time, DEFFO would have gone , especially if we would have got a team quite close ,like in France ,Belgium, Netherlands, or the like. I think we would of got quite a good turn out.. knowing our luck we would of got Bangor City ...
Yep, don’t mention scousers to me unless you want a repeat of my last tirade…I’m sure the mods don’t….

I was a bit too young at the time for this. How did this work and why was it stopped?

I'm off an age where my 1st game was in this competition against Torino I think would of been early 70's. I was only a nipper, could just about rest my chin on the wall. Hooked ever since.

The first final in 1970, was won by Scumdon. The year after theyScreenshot_2023-06-10-08-17-29-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg won the league cup. We didn't enter till 72 /73 season

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-10-08-19-35-89_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-10-08-19-35-89_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2023-06-10-08-21-03-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-10-08-21-03-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm off an age where my 1st game was in this competition against Torino I think would of been early 70's. I was only a nipper, could just about rest my chin on the wall. Hooked ever since.
I watched that match from the cuckoo lane & the Como match. Good old days when you could walk round the ground & watch where you wanted.

Last edited:
Hahaha just looking at the advert for walkers, my mum & dad bought their pram for me or my brother's from there..😂

Back
Top Bottom