Michael Appleton to West Bromwich?

What is the chance of promotion if you’re receiving premier league parachute payments but playing in league 1? Asking for a friend...

Sunderland are still getting them. I think until 2020. The Moore thing is a disgrace, absolute disgrace If he was doing badly next Christmas then maybe start looking. Hopefully Its jokanovic as he's the best of a terrible bunch

Sam Allardyce must be in with a shout

Nah tried to get him years ago and turned us down

MApp interest in WB job

Keep watching that space Michael unfortunately you never been promoted out of the Championship they hire him and he won't get either time or money. It will most likely be Jokanovic

That is the problem, imo, for MApp. He took time to turn it around at Oxford and looking at QPR he will need similar time or a hell of a lot of luck. I don't think MApp will get that time at QPR but hope he does if he gets the job.

I wanted QPR to come down, even more so if App's gets the job. Would be good to go up against him!

Good luck to him.
I hope that he gets it but expectations seem ridiculously overstated at QPR.

If MApp goes for that, then he’s showing that he’s learned very little from his dusting down from SAF he had after being sacked from Blackburn. You can maybe take on one basket case in your career but to follow up with three in row – Portsmouth, Blackpool, Blackburn – is the reason why he had to drop to League 2 with us. DE and MAsh created the stable environment for him to flourish.

And is he going to have that at QPR? Err, no. It’s a poisoned chalice and the best you can do at present is keep them treading water and out of the relegation zone as Steve McClaren was doing. Unless he knows something all of us don’t, if I were a manager I wouldn’t touch QPR with a barge pole.

Interviewed for Swansea job now apparently. Amazes me how many WBA and now Swansea fans are writing him off.
I think we all felt a bit “meh” when he became our manager but he certainly improved his stock with us so I would expect fans to be more supportive than we perhaps initially were.

should've stayed with us

My best mate and I were discussing this and you're absolutely right! People see him as a firefighter now. His only truly successful time as no.1 was Oxford. The leicester job was a step back. Instead building his resume it stunted it. he needed another year there to show he could have pushed for championship. I know it was at a time DE was having problems, but, he'd been at Portsmouth during their darkest time. He should've stayed. Never say never as it seems there no length of fuckwittery our current board will stoop I think even they would have signed him. the Bruno Labbadia talks look like entering a third round it's wait and see but unlikely Appleton

Back
Top Bottom