Was that a chance for a while?

Was that our shot at promotion for a while?

• Yes - Will take a while to get over this

Votes: 63 66.3%
  • No - Our chance will come soon

Votes: 32 33.7%

• Total voters
I looked at OddsChecker earlier and KR is not even quoted for either the Blues or Bristol jobs, which if he was itching for a move then at least some of the bookies would have wind of it and have him on their lists at least....
...my guess is that things are more aligned behind the scenes than his post-match interview may have suggested, so I would say he'll stay and build on what is left after the loanees head off, tho expect at least a couple will be back in some form in due course

Depends. Lee Bowyer did a pretty good job at Charlton after Karl left. Yes Karl builds a good team, that plays good football. Football is about results and not how well you perform so his CV only has the mk dons promotion on it. He's a good league 1 manager, but not proven to be able to make the step up in the championship. There are plenty of managers that could take this team forwards but it's wether the board have got the money and going to back them.

Who are the ‘plenty‘ of managers that could realistically take us forward and exceed what Robinson has done ? I can’t think of too many attainable managers that could have got us to 3rd in L1, navigated a way past a strong Portsmouth side in the semi’s and gone beyond our normal exit points in the cup competitions.

Who are the ‘plenty‘ of managers that could realistically take us forward and exceed what Robinson has done ? I can’t think of too many attainable managers that could have got us to 3rd in L1, navigated a way past a strong Portsmouth side in the semi’s and gone beyond our normal exit points in the cup competitions.

The 3 managers of the teams that have been promoted have done more than KR has done. Also don't think penalties against pompey counts as navigating. We were lucky. Also we were lucky against Sunderland to even get the city game. Then fa cup had an easy run to get the Newcastle game. KR is a decent manager but he's not a world beater and would struggle in the championship.

I think Oxford United and Karl Robinson is a good fit. He’ll calm down and wont be going anywhere. He should just avoid microphones when he isnt in a good place emotionally!

The 3 managers of the teams that have been promoted have done more than KR has done. Also don't think penalties against pompey counts as navigating. We were lucky. Also we were lucky against Sunderland to even get the city game. Then fa cup had an easy run to get the Newcastle game. KR is a decent manager but he's not a world beater and would struggle in the championship.

You forgot to mention the "Easy Run" in the very tough League 1 campaign...Oh wait a Minute.:unsure:

You forgot to mention the "Easy Run" in the very tough League 1 campaign...Oh wait a Minute.:unsure:

No but I forgot I mention his team couldn't beat Bolton youth team. When everyone else were racking up cricket scores against them.

No but I forgot I mention his team couldn't beat Bolton youth team. When everyone else were racking up cricket scores against them.
it's a league but if you wanna play silly buggers which team has had the most shots against Man city this season? which teams has been talked about for months as a very good team? were they all wrong or is losing a game of football how "You" judge a manager and or his Team ?

it's a league but if you wanna play silly buggers which team has had the most shots against Man city this season? which teams has been talked about for months as a very good team? were they all wrong or is losing a game of football how "You" judge a manager and or his Team ?

They were talking about the team. Not the manager. The team is bigger than just a manager. Yes he can build a decent team, but who's to say a different manager couldn't get more out of this group of players. Look what ainsworth has done on a shoe string. Wether you like the style or not they are the ones in a higher league now. Losing Karl won't be the end of the world in my eyes.

They were talking about the team. Not the manager. The team is bigger than just a manager. Yes he can build a decent team, but who's to say a different manager couldn't get more out of this group of players. Look what ainsworth has done on a shoe string. Wether you like the style or not they are the ones in a higher league now. Losing Karl won't be the end of the world in my eyes.

who sets up the style of play then? who's to say they could? christ why is it whenever we lose a game of football there is so much drivel written about the same players and management that got us there in the first place.You might get your wish but i would be careful what you wish for especially now.

Players will be sold. The successful policy of investing in and developing young players to continue.

Although the question I have is, who's buying this year?

Premier League teams (and teams with parachute payments) obviously, because TV money is most of the income for a lot of them.

But match day and commercial revenue is a huge part of the income for most Championship clubs. A lot of them are going to be struggling to make ends meet financially next season if games do have to be played in empty stadia. Just not sure I see teams like Derby, Brentford (if they don't go up), Middlesborough, Forest etc. forking out seven figure sums for lower league players like they have done in the past.

Dickie may well still leave because he's good enough that Premiership teams will be taking a look.

But everyone else, even Cam.....I'm just not sure what the market is going to be like for them in 2020.

Losing Dickie and Brannagan will be a big loss, but we’ve proven we can replace with good quality plus I can see Moore and Sykes getting forwards their level with another 13 months regular football under their belts.

However replacing Robinson, if he were to leave, would be a much harder job. The Clotet episode showed how all the good work by a decent manager can unravel with one bad appointment. I can only see Robinson learning and improving from this experience. He’s a very good manager.

What is interesting, and perhaps unsurprising, is how many people ive seen trying to claim that its actually a good thing were not going up as we couldnt afford it. Bizarre of course, as id suggest that any club below the Champ faces an incredibly uncertain future. The size of clubs in that league means it wont/cant fail.

The effects of covid would have meant a lot more available players for us to add to that level. I dont think wed have been whipping boys.

You are fooling nobody.

Losing Dickie and Brannagan will be a big loss, but we’ve proven we can replace with good quality plus I can see Moore and Sykes getting forwards their level with another 13 months regular football under their belts.

However replacing Robinson, if he were to leave, would be a much harder job. The Clotet episode showed how all the good work by a decent manager can unravel with one bad appointment. I can only see Robinson learning and improving from this experience. He’s a very good manager.

Clotet was a mistake but was made by hotdog lover remember. Tiger come in and hand picked Robbo to take us on a journey. Now we will see the direction the board go, the fiasco in the January transfer window didn't go down well and the whole blackpool job unsettled the team. Surely they aren't going to make the same mistake again and will bow down to his wishes (within reason)

If it does get announced this week that Robinson is leaving, it will send out the message that the club isnt as financially sound as we all hope. Robinson has, I think, made it clear: prove that that the club has ambition to be successful or I walk.

If it is the case that times are going to be tough and we’re left looking fora new head coach, I think we could do a lot worse than Mousinho with Mackie as his number two. If we’re going to go with younger, inexperienced players, I think those two would be ideal candidates to lead and motivate them. We might have to accept that, because of the current climate, things are goung to be very different for the immediate to mid-term future. I’d much rather kerb the ambition for a year or two if it means we have a sustainable club going through these uncertain times.

That would be an unmitigated disaster, and turn a fans favourite in Mous into an anti hero when he gets sacked. We need stability and it won't come putting two inexperienced people in charge. Throw Faz into the mix, and we would go down. Have you not forgotten the disaster that was the Faz/Allen combination before KR came in?

It will be a new squad, again, that needs experience to gel it. It's the cheap option, but I cannot see even tiger going for that. If KR does leave it will be because the board are not showing KR they are backing him.

The concern is that this wasn’t a normal promotion opportunity, because of Covid it was an exceptional opportunity. There is surely real risk that championship and premiership start and below that don’t - with who knows what implications, I can’t see how clubs can afford to play missing such a large chunk of their revenue without financial support from FA? Premiership? ???
I would think the board would be very wary of promising great sums of money when there is not certainty about revenue next year, equally I think players prices will be deflated as a consequence so the model of selling best players could also stutter.

sorry a bit if a ramble - just concerned that implications of losing yesterday will be greater than a normal year.

The concern is that this wasn’t a normal promotion opportunity, because of Covid it was an exceptional opportunity. There is surely real risk that championship and premiership start and below that don’t - with who knows what implications, I can’t see how clubs can afford to play missing such a large chunk of their revenue without financial support from FA? Premiership? ???
I would think the board would be very wary of promising great sums of money when there is not certainty about revenue next year, equally I think players prices will be deflated as a consequence so the model of selling best players could also stutter.

sorry a bit if a ramble - just concerned that implications of losing yesterday will be greater than a normal year.

Surely there is some assurances been spoken that games lower than the championship will be going ahead. Otherwise why are teams signing players and why are clubs offering season tickets? No club is going to survive with no football for a year and I doubt half the championship can afford to play behind closed doors, even with TV money they rely on big crowds.

Back
Top Bottom