General I was wondering…

Norwich exile

…apologies if not in the appropriate forum.

Previously there were 3 league teams we’d never defeated in a competitive match: Liverpool, Spurs and Fleetwood (the latter since beaten by us twice).

What are the currents league teams who now fit this criterion? I’m wondering about Sutton Utd, Harrogate Town, Salford City…Barrow we’ve beaten before, surely?

Look forward to hearing some of the stattos weigh in on this

…apologies if not in the appropriate forum.

Previously there were 3 league teams we’d never defeated in a competitive match: Liverpool, Spurs and Fleetwood (the latter since beaten by us twice).

What are the currents league teams who now fit this criterion? I’m wondering about Sutton Utd, Harrogate Town, Salford City…Barrow we’ve beaten before, surely?

Look forward to hearing some of the stattos weigh in on this
Barrow hold/ held the record home league win when we won 7-0 at the Manor in 1964 .... beat em a few other times in the 60s too

Sutton & Harrogate we've not played in the league .... or cup .... not even PJT

and still have yet to win against Spuds & Bindippers

Barrow hold/ held the record home league win when we won 7-0 at the Manor in 1964 .... beat em a few other times in the 60s too

Sutton & Harrogate we've not played in the league .... or cup .... not even PJT

and still have yet to win against Spuds & Bindippers

Yeah, we've never played a competitive game against Harrogate, Sutton or Salford.

Although it's looking less likely now, if any of Bromley, Boreham Wood or Solihull Moors get promoted, you can add them to the list as well!

Yeah, we've never played a competitive game against Harrogate, Sutton or Salford.

Although it's looking less likely now, if any of Bromley, Boreham Wood or Solihull Moors get promoted, you can add them to the list as well!
Hope we never play them! We can do Spurs in the cup, but will probably never beat Liverpool

I believe there is only one team in the League that has beaten all 91 other current League teams in a competitive match (Port Vale)

I believe there is only one team in the League that has beaten all 91 other current League teams in a competitive match (Port Vale)

Port Vale are also one of the only English league clubs to not be named after a geographical location, I believe.

Port Vale are also one of the only English league clubs to not be named after a geographical location, I believe.
founder members of the football league second division ... have never played top flight football

• React
Reactions: MJB
Burslem (Where they actually play) beats Gillingham and Fleetwood to "the most depressing place I've ever seen in the UK" title.

From what I can find, the teams we've never beaten currently in the EFL are Liverpool, Spurs, Salford City, Sutton United and Harrogate Town. We haven't beaten the last three mainly because we've never played them before.

(Source: http://www.rageonline.co.uk )

Is there a place called 'Arsenal'? I know the tube station was renamed after the club years ago, but is there an actual place with that name?

Fun history lesson incoming. Arsenal were known as Woolwich Arsenal because the original founders and players were workers from the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, which was the centre of British munitions manufacturing, and only ceased production in 1967. Arsenal, of course, eventually moved away in 1913 and dropped the 'Woolwich' from their name, becoming The Arsenal. Then the 'the' was dropped.

So, if anything, Arsenal are named after two places: the area of Woolwich and the Royal Arsenal.

Is there a place called 'Arsenal'? I know the tube station was renamed after the club years ago, but is there an actual place with that name?
... originally named Woolwich Arsenal.... dropped the Woolwich when relocated onto Spuds turf

Train station ( Docklands light railway) still bears the name Wooolwich Arsenal

Back
Top Bottom