EPL VAR

VAR

• Keep It

• Remove It

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Two initial refereeing errors/oversights corrected by VAR tonight meant a 2:0 Newcastle victory correctly ended up a 1:1 draw. That's got to be good for football. But as per, it's down to the experience, understanding and knowledge of the humans assessing the video evidence, so train them better and simplify the rules, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Surely the essence of the game is to discuss said errors/oversights in the pub after enjoying the moment itself at the game?

In the Palace game they had the first goal chalked off for someone's toes being "offside".

Analysing the moment to the nth degree is going to kill the game stone dead.

Surely the essence of the game is to discuss said errors/oversights in the pub after enjoying the moment itself at the game?

In the Palace game they had the first goal chalked off for someone's toes being "offside".

Don't disagree with marginal decisions but these were two clear errors that would have materially affected the result. I suppose it depends on whether you're on the side of justice or not. 😉

Doing it in slow motion will also contribute.

Don't disagree with marginal decisions but these were two clear errors that would have materially affected the result. I suppose it depends on whether you're on the side of justice or not. 😉

Its not a matter of life or death......................... :ROFLMAO:

Another example of VAR getting things wrong.
When even the goalkeeper isn’t appealing it and agrees there wasn’t anything wrong with the goal, it shows how bad their decision was to rule it out!

I never praise refs or VAR but they got the last minute decision at Arsenal right.

Saka with a shocker (again). Would probably be given in the premier league!

Was that the ref that didn`t give this as a pen?

Keeper plays the ball to his teammate who bends down and stops it with his hand.....................ref gave him the benefit of the doubt for reasons unknown and VAR doesn`t get involved. :ROFLMAO:

1712847651123.png

Was that the ref that didn`t give this as a pen?

Keeper plays the ball to his teammate who bends down and stops it with his hand.....................ref gave him the benefit of the doubt for reasons unknown and VAR doesn`t get involved. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 18824
I've been thinking about this one a bit and I'm not 100%. Maybe I'm mad, but it seems like a sensible decision. There's no advantage, no reason why he'd pick it up unless he thought the ball was still dead. A penalty would have been an utterly disproportionate outcome, on a technicality not because of any actual advantage. Until 2019 it would have been impossible to cause a penalty this way.

I've been thinking about this one a bit and I'm not 100%. Maybe I'm mad, but it seems like a sensible decision. There's no advantage, no reason why he'd pick it up unless he thought the ball was still dead. A penalty would have been an utterly disproportionate outcome, on a technicality not because of any actual advantage. Until 2019 it would have been impossible to cause a penalty this way.
100% a pen for me.

I saw someone post a clip on twitter of Arsenal doing something similar countless times this season. Normally the goalie sets himself like he's going to take it, but picks it up and rolls it to the CB to take on the other side of the box. Obviously the difference this time is instead of rolling it, he kicks it putting the ball in play. Assume they do it to try move the opposition to one side of the pitch a bit more? Either way definitely a pen imo.

Saka should've received a lifetime ban for that pathetic attempt at a dive.

100% a pen for me.

I saw someone post a clip on twitter of Arsenal doing something similar countless times this season. Normally the goalie sets himself like he's going to take it, but picks it up and rolls it to the CB to take on the other side of the box. Obviously the difference this time is instead of rolling it, he kicks it putting the ball in play. Assume they do it to try move the opposition to one side of the pitch a bit more? Either way definitely a pen imo.

Saka should've received a lifetime ban for that pathetic attempt at a dive.

The Football Authorities really need to go hard after diving but of course they won't.

So the payoff for losing footballs best moment, the feeling of scoring a goal, is... incorrect decisions still?

To be honest the on field officials should of gave the penalties. It does seem that since VAR has come in not only has it had a negative impact on a viewing point of view but the officiating on field has got worse.

Maybe the refs aren't as efficient as they know they have VAR to make difficult decisions on their behalf.

Cov miss out on a Final and the greatest comeback in FA Cup history because someone was "offside" by the thickness of the boot leather?

Absolutely ruining the game, the moment and why people go!!

I must say I'm struggling to muster up any sympathy for a team who beat us at Wembley. Offside is offside. It's the rule that needs to be changed not VAR.

Back
Top Bottom