National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
I dunno. Is Healthline a pukka site? It doesn't mention 5G or bleach so I'll trust it for this Probably wise to not get rat-arsed.

Worth looking at the link above and making your own choice.
It goes on to say the 3 day advice is the same advice given for all vaccines. Then another "expert" say refraining from alcohol is not necessary for either dose of Covid19 vaccine, there is no evidence or guidance. The clue is in the title of the article How Alcohol May Affect Your Response to the Covid19 Vaccine.
Basically there is no recommended action.

Last edited:
I dunno. Is Healthline a pukka site? It doesn't mention 5G or bleach so I'll trust it for this Probably wise to not get rat-arsed.

There was no mention at the "briefing" we were given before being jabbed. Lot's about the possible, potential side effects and the ingredients of the vaccine. I got the Oxford Astra version which seemed to be popular with the staff as well as the patients.

I've re-read the blurb supplied from Astrazeneca and nothing about alcohol in that so, I think we are ok. - Cheers!

I read you shouldn't drink loads for some days after cos it alcohol buggers up the production of antibodies.

Anyone confirm?
Pretty much what various MSM and scientific bodies are reporting. Some say you can drink, some say no drink at all. Some say moderation is key.
I’d recommend people do their own research.
Cheers @Paul Cannell for the warning.

I got a message to tell me I am eligible for the vaccine and it would be at Barton rather than the kassam when I receive it I will be extremely grateful,however I fully understand that it’s only a very small step towards some form of normality rather than the start of a instant return to pre covid days

I got a message to tell me I am eligible for the vaccine and it would be at Barton rather than the kassam when I receive it I will be extremely grateful,however I fully understand that it’s only a very small step towards some form of normality rather than the start of a instant return to pre covid days
Well deserved!

Mum had her 1st jab yesterday. I was due to take her to Kassam tomorrow but her local Surgery then got in touch, so plans were changed.

AZ vaccine. She was okay initially but started to feel unwell after about 8-10 hours. Spent the night with her being violently sick 🙁.

Much better today other than a lot of aching.

Anyone else experience side effects ?

Mum had her 1st jab yesterday. I was due to take her to Kassam tomorrow but her local Surgery then got in touch, so plans were changed.

AZ vaccine. She was okay initially but started to feel unwell after about 8-10 hours. Spent the night with her being violently sick 🙁.

Much better today other than a lot of aching.

Anyone else experience side effects ?
Yes. I woke up the day after my jab with a sore arm and the feeling of not 100%, sort of the morning after the night before. 24 hours later, all good. Arm is still tender but nothing else. If you have any worries contact local GP or 111. All the potential side effects are listed on the paperwork that you should have got from the vaccine centre. If not, I can scan and post on here.

Yes. I woke up the day after my jab with a sore arm and the feeling of not 100%, sort of the morning after the night before. 24 hours later, all good. Arm is still tender but nothing else. If you have any worries contact local GP or 111. All the potential side effects are listed on the paperwork that you should have got from the vaccine centre. If not, I can scan and post on here.

Thanks ML.

Yes I went through all the docs/symptoms etc and decided that it was just something Mum needed to get through.

I stayed over until the early hours when the worst seemed to have passed and she wasn’t feeling as though she was going to pass out. She then managed to sleep it off.

This is why people distrust politicians of all stripes when they simply won’t answer a question
even when put by the obnoxious and controversial Piers Morgan. It was toe curling stuff yesterday.

This is why people distrust politicians of all stripes when they simply won’t answer a question
even when put by the obnoxious and controversial Piers Morgan. It was toe curling stuff yesterday.

Thought it was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom