Oxford vaccine 70-90% effective

But,....... Are you.......?

Alive? Yep.
Oxygen stats 99%.
Temperature normal.

Mrs EY (Mk2) who had the jab on Wednesday was selected for the safety sub-study and has to report on her injection site everyday for a week. Has to measure it, oxygen stats and temperature every day.

I reckon she got the chip..... :)

immunity 2 weeks after the 1st injection. Bring it on.

Not for 10% or so of recipients.. We'll need a significant number of the population vaccinated before they potentially give herd immunity for want of a better term.

Bloody brilliant that it has been approved though and a big step forward.

Interesting that it's being rolled out as 2 standard doses, rather than the half dose - full dose which proved far more effective during the initial trial period. Apparently this was not borne out by full analysis.

Still, brilliant news and hopefully the vaccination programme can be really ramped up now.

Excellent news. The first vaccine seemed a bit impractical to a layman like me, with the extreme refrigeration requirements. With this one, we have more doses ready to go, manufacturing in this country, lower cost and it is easier to store.

Let me at it!

Interesting that it's being rolled out as 2 standard doses, rather than the half dose - full dose which proved far more effective during the initial trial period. Apparently this was not borne out by full analysis.

Still, brilliant news and hopefully the vaccination programme can be really ramped up now.
The data has still to be fully understood and, the test group was more specific in age. Nonetheless it's an interesting development. Some testing is now showing 100% efficacy in, again, specific groups. Also, new tests are indicating that a 2 month period between the two doses is also more effective. The scope for advance is enormous and the by products from the vaccine development should also be of value.

2 weeks following the 2nd jab, but for gods sake bear in mind it’s not100 percent effective and common sense must still be applied and it will take ages to get everyone done

2 weeks following the 2nd jab, but for gods sake bear in mind it’s not100 percent effective and common sense must still be applied and it will take ages to get everyone done
Also, I haven't yet seen anywhere that it has been proved (with either vaccine) whether or not you can still infect others having ben vaccinated? Or have I missed that?

Also, I haven't yet seen anywhere that it has been proved (with either vaccine) whether or not you can still infect others having ben vaccinated? Or have I missed that?
No your right still not known

Not sure where you get this "immunity 2 weeks after the 1st injection" from?
BBC this morning. Being re enforced by reports saying that in order to vaccinate as many as possible 12 weeks between first & second jab.

BBC this morning. Being re enforced by reports saying that in order to vaccinate as many as possible 12 weeks between first & second jab.
Link to that please. There is nothing on the BBC site to back that up.

Back
Top Bottom