National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Just seen this.
And is this not taking the P**s

View attachment 5541

There are between 9-12 "shots" to a "raw" bottle.
It is then diluted which is where further variance occurs.

By the end of the day you could have 2 or 3 bottles left that have to be used and no patients in the queue.

Who is going to get there quickly?
A few folk from a local large employer ..................or Doris who needs patient transport/a carer to help?

That`s it.

There are between 9-12 "shots" to a "raw" bottle.
It is then diluted which is where further variance occurs.

By the end of the day you could have 2 or 3 bottles left that have to be used and no patients in the queue.

Who is going to get there quickly?
A few folk from a local large employer ..................or Doris who needs patient transport/a carer to help?

That`s it.
It’s disgusting

It’s disgusting

It`s the real world.

Doris will still get her jab.

The Chesterfield staff were nearby as the ground will become a vaccine hub and is currently a testing centre.

From the BBC article......

"They were only contacted after the surgery had exhausted all other viable options. Those involved were keen that these vaccines were not wasted, which would have been the case had they not received them"

What happens if/when it happens at the Kassam?

It`s not like they pushed into a queue.

It`s the real world.

Doris will still get her jab.

The Chesterfield staff were nearby as the ground will become a vaccine hub and is currently a testing centre.

From the BBC article......

"They were only contacted after the surgery had exhausted all other viable options. Those involved were keen that these vaccines were not wasted, which would have been the case had they not received them"

What happens if/when it happens at the Kassam?

It`s not like they pushed into a queue.
Derbyshire should have looked at other possibilities. My niece is a sister at chesterfield hospital and apparently the staff aren’t happy

I’m the only vote for “Nah thanks!” Lol

If I’m forced to take it I won’t fight it. But I’m not volunteering anytime soon.
As someone who is "at risk", immune system shot away due to Cancer ( Radiotherapy treatment ) may I ask why you would refuse?

Derbyshire should have looked at other possibilities. My niece is a sister at chesterfield hospital and apparently the staff aren’t happy

Can`t see why? Vaccine is there for them to book.

If they exhausted all other options I’d rather see the spare vaccines be used than thrown away. It also means less people in front of you when your turn comes. Mate told me a Bucks. vaccination centre did the same at the end of a day by contacting the local police station and offering them to any available officers.

As a side note, having the Oxford (vaccine) name mentioned across the globe must help Tiger with his dream of global brand domination! 🤣
The Swiss have officially said theyre not using the Oxford /AZ vaccine ....unusual for a country that traditionally stays neutral !

Makes perfect sense to have a number of local employers on standby to send abunch of people down to use up the excess.
Ideally have the employer preselect potential recipients based on the 9 priority groups and/or front line exposure (police beat officers, school staff etc) but absolutely right to use every jab

Both parents jabbed yesterday at the Barton centre.

Having read various posts on here and elsewhere I mentioned to my father who wasn’t due to be jabbed, that he was happy to be contacted later in the day should a slot become free and others had declined and that he would be happily make the journey to stop that potentially being wasted. Happy people on all fronts.

May be worthwhile those who are taking loved ones etc to mention the same.

Back
Top Bottom