National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Interesting call.
1 jab gives around 65% efficacy for an unresearched/unstudied period of time, hence the need for 2 which is Pfizer`s 3 week "known factor".
However is it better that more people get that 65% or far fewer get 75%+ efficacy?
To add to the mix the base of the vaccine is a known factor that has been tweaked, it`s safe but the true level of protection isn`t fully understood.
We are, effectively, a mass clinical trial.
I think it’s worth saying that although a vaccine is given a % of efficacy it doesn’t mean that only that % are protected.
in the case of the Oxford vaccine in the trials no one who had the vaccine who then went on to be infected with COVID were hospitalised where as those who had the placebo 10 were hospitalised & 1 of them died.

I think it’s worth saying that although a vaccine is given a % of efficacy it doesn’t mean that only that % are protected.
in the case of the Oxford vaccine in the trials no one who had the vaccine who then went on to be infected with COVID were hospitalised where as those who had the placebo 10 were hospitalised & 1 of them died.

Indeed yes.
With Pfizer, Oxford-AZ, Moderna and Janssen there will be a fair range of weaponry to aim at the little b****r.

Just got my Mum booked in for this coming Monday at the Kassam.

I am taking her along so it will be nice to see the old place 😁 (I think)

In the complex world of NHS staff I`m having my second jab next Tuesday.
So I`ll be running on a cocktail of Janssen & Oxford-AZ.

In the complex world of NHS staff I`m having my second jab next Tuesday.
So I`ll be running on a cocktail of Janssen & Oxford-AZ.
I’m potentially in the same boat. Do you know if there’s any data, regarding having 2 shots of vaccine from one manufacturer & 2 from another.

Had my first jab this morning - Oxford AZ. The Faringdon centre set up by the White Horse Medical Practice in an office building with car park attached. Very well organised with stewards directing to parking spaces and the queuing system. 5 minute wait outside and then in to be greeted with cheerful banter and efficient staff. Absolutely pain free, hardly a scratch really. No adverse reaction, not even a sore arm as we were forewarned to expect.
Very pleased with the whole process.

I’m potentially in the same boat. Do you know if there’s any data, regarding having 2 shots of vaccine from one manufacturer & 2 from another.

According to the investigator on the trial there is no known problem mixing 2 different jabs.
I had my first shot of Janssen in early Dec, all good no side effects and I`ll have the a shot of Ox-AZ on Tuesday next week.
I will continue being monitored by the trial team so will be providing the data!

A tip........ take a paracetamol before the jab, especially if you tend to get a sore arm from the flu jab. Takes the edge off any discomfort.

If it gives hope to others who have been shielding and waiting for their first jab, I have mine this Friday. (Thame, Chinnor, Risborough area of Sth.Oxon).
I’m classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and have been told we are behind in Abingdon, I will give the GP surgery until the 10th of February if I haven’t heard I will ring abs see what’s happening as apparently no should be vaccinated by the 15th February.

I’m classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and have been told we are behind in Abingdon, I will give the GP surgery until the 10th of February if I haven’t heard I will ring abs see what’s happening as apparently no should be vaccinated by the 15th February.
I wouldn't wait until the 10th. Those giving the Pfizer vaccine are getting many no shows and at the end of each day have to use it.

The EU are asking about the Oxford vaccine about being diverse about the supplies to the EU surely we will supply but make sure we are getting vaccinated as a priority, especially neither the possible supply problem of the vaccine from Belgium.

I found the Omni vaccine calculator was spot on in predicting the date of my first jab, again, if it helps.

Do you know why Bazzer?

Back
Top Bottom