Local News Kassam to become a vaccine hub

Yes to all of that - and wifi usage contention at halftime is a very fair point!

I suspect that the conference facility has good wifi in place but the main stadium doesn't and having thought about it more, you can see why:

Conference facility - smallish area, heavy footfall in normal times, a clear business need/customer requirement, can be provided at minimal cost - c.£3-5k per annum

Stadium - large area, only populated c.25 times a year for 2 hours, customers will still come because they want to watch the football, high cost - c.£20-30k per annum
Also I think there are private wifi networks at the ground, for the backroom staff, and also the match-day staff and media.
A free public wifi as you say for a match day crowd is going to be a lot more cost over a bigger footprint.

Also I think there are private wifi networks at the ground, for the backroom staff, and also the match-day staff and media.
A free public wifi as you say for a match day crowd is going to be a lot more cost over a bigger footprint.
Can't even get decent wifi in the lounges within the building. The Holiday Inn next door has a better signal and can, sometimes, be picked up in the ground.

Correct - Good wifi is now a pre-requisite for most people. When booking a hotel or holiday accommodation, it's in people's top three must haves these days. The stadium point though is just laziness and/or unwillingness to spend on it, not a major investment to get decent wifi in the whole area.
That's one thing about some hotels like Travelodge where you have to pay extra for Wifi (£3 or something), and then you find it logs you out after half an hour and then it's a convoluted log-on process again. Just build it into the room cost.

Reminds me of last time I went to Blackpool (only a few years back), some of the older B&B had signs saying "hot water, central heating, colour tv" as if these were unusual luxuries for a B&B.

Also train companies, just give free wifi that allows you to access webpages, but not for instance streaming and heavy bandwidth usage. Not a wifi that takes 5 minutes to load a page, or costs £10 on a long distance train.

Reminds me of last time I went to Blackpool (only a few years back), some of the older B&B had signs saying "hot water, central heating, colour tv" as if these were unusual luxuries for a B&B.

Completely different subject, but I was in Dublin many years ago and after a heavy drinking session we found a convenience store that had a counter for hot food.

On the menu was a "Special Burger" that took my interest. I asked what it came with, and after some discussion amongst the staff, the reply was "a bun!"

Special indeed!!

You’re right - a separate connection to the existing one has been needed 😀
Phew, we'll need that for the VAR system we have to add when we get into the prem in a couple of seasons time

I
That's one thing about some hotels like Travelodge where you have to pay extra for Wifi (£3 or something), and then you find it logs you out after half an hour and then it's a convoluted log-on process again. Just build it into the room cost.

Also train companies, just give free wifi that allows you to access webpages, but not for instance streaming and heavy bandwidth usage. Not a wifi that takes 5 minutes to load a page, or costs £10 on a long distance train.

I stay away for work a lot and travelodge one is shite, whether it’s booked in advance or you pay the daily rate it contstantly kicks you off it, I normally just hotspot of my work phone as it actually works. Premier inn is far superior, it comes with the room, easy to get on to begin with and then it logs you back on as soon as you enter the hotel and you stay on. Considering they are similar sort of chains and how standard wi fi is now Travelodge is terrible.

I

I stay away for work a lot and travelodge one is shite, whether it’s booked in advance or you pay the daily rate it contstantly kicks you off it, I normally just hotspot of my work phone as it actually works. Premier inn is far superior, it comes with the room, easy to get on to begin with and then it logs you back on as soon as you enter the hotel and you stay on. Considering they are similar sort of chains and how standard wi fi is now Travelodge is terrible.
If I'm staying away on a Tuesday Night (haven't done for at least a year now) and Oxford are playing, excellent wi-fi becomes the No.1 priority so that I can watch the match via my laptop!

There will be completely separate access points for the football club and the vaccination centre, which I assume will be in the conference centre. And that's assuming it will still operate on matchdays.

There will be absolutely no risk to the players or club personnel.
According to todays OM those rocking up for vaccines enter via the quadrangle , go up the spiral stairs and have their vaccination administered in the room used for post match briefings..... the OM doesnt mention either way whether vaccinations will be administed on matchdays....given the care OUFC have taken to avoid players &coaching staff from being infected by covid so far, IMO its a bit of a concern that players & coaching staff could, potentially, be exposed to covid at a home game

According to todays OM those rocking up for vaccines enter via the quadrangle , go up the spiral stairs and have their vaccination administered in the room used for post match briefings..... the OM doesnt mention either way whether vaccinations will be administed on matchdays....given the care OUFC have taken to avoid players &coaching staff from being infected by covid so far, IMO its a bit of a concern that players & coaching staff could, potentially, be exposed to covid at a home game
I would not put it past Firoka to completely mess it up.

I think the red zone for players/staff doesn't include any of the quadrangle/club offices area.

I think the red zone for players/staff doesn't include any of the quadrangle/club offices area.
I did wonder similar, my Mrs had hers today at 4.25 and said it was well organised up rhe stairs in the quad in the room jab abs then out via the exit above the ticket office. I did wonder about match days but I’m sure they have an excellent system so as to avoid contact with all those involved in the vaccinations patients through to medical people.

I did wonder similar, my Mrs had hers today at 4.25 and said it was well organised up rhe stairs in the quad in the room jab abs then out via the exit above the ticket office. I did wonder about match days but I’m sure they have an excellent system so as to avoid contact with all those involved in the vaccinations patients through to medical people.
from the photos on the club social media over the past few months it looks like the players go through the back entrance where the away team coach normally parks

The players & staff were vaccinated (at the Kassam) so no need to worry about them!

Back
Top Bottom