Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very popular at QPR IIRC - not just what's been posted already but think he went on a social media rant about how he was better than another lad playing instead of him.

Really liked him when he was here, remember him refusing to come off when picked up a pretty bad knock. Could see wages being an issue.

Not very popular at QPR IIRC - not just what's been posted already but think he went on a social media rant about how he was better than another lad playing instead of him.

Really liked him when he was here, remember him refusing to come off when picked up a pretty bad knock. Could see wages being an issue.

QPR may be happy to have him out which could strengthen our position on % wages paid. But if other Championship clubs are involved then that may make it unlikely, unless he is happy to come back to Oxford/KR's management.

In recent years we have had some cracking rightbacks, this is the order in which I'd rank them:

1. Baldock
2. Kenny
3. Cadden
4. Kane
5. Long

If Kane were available we should go for it IMO, like Long he can play left and right back, but Kane has proven it at Championship level. I'm a big fan of Longy but if we have a chance of signing a top class player at this level then we should go it. Todd Kane appeared to enjoy his time with us before and that may sway him if he's out of QPR. I'm sure that I read that Kane had upset the QPR fans last season as well, so may be relieved to get out.

“Todd Kane admitted using the wording “diving, foreign *expletive*” in response to being called an “*expletive* ugly, English *expletive*”.”

I’m not in any way justifying or excusing his behaviour, but I’m not sure that it’s something which should result in him never playing football again. If he’s learned his lesson and understands why he shouldn’t and can’t say things like that, then I’d personally be happy for him to play for us. I understand and accept that others may not feel the same but that’s my take on it. We’ve certainly had players who’ve done worse play for us.
We have fans at every game who do worse.

Kane would be a ridiculously good signing. Can play either side, good going forward but also defensively solid when we need to tighten things up. Seem to remember his set pieces were decent too. A real committed battler if I remember right. Too good to be true?

Kane would be a ridiculously good signing. Can play either side, good going forward but also defensively solid when we need to tighten things up. Seem to remember his set pieces were decent too. A real committed battler if I remember right. Too good to be true?
Surely he’ll go to championship if he can.

Todd Kane’s post match rant claiming the referee should be sacked and something along the lines of ‘he should cross the road if they meet in the street’ after a Wimbledon(?) away game stick in my mind from his stint here. QPR fans comments don’t give much hope that he has matured much. Football wise he would be a great addition but his character within the group would take some thought.

Todd Kane’s post match rant claiming the referee should be sacked and something along the lines of ‘he should cross the road if they meet in the street’ after a Wimbledon(?) away game stick in my mind from his stint here. QPR fans comments don’t give much hope that he has matured much. Football wise he would be a great addition but his character within the group would take some thought.

Tbf, KR will already know his character so will know if it is likely to fit the current squad.

Would be a great signing and fits the current mould of being a bit "nastier" on the field.

Good player and really committed when he plays. His ban is for retaliating to another player by saying the sort of things many fans shout at foreign players when they roll around after being tackled. Racism is wrong, but calling someone who is from another country foreign doesn't strike me as the most derogatory of terms, particularly as Canos used Kane's Englishness to accentuate his original insult.

I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I think a bit of perspective is needed, and if we can't sign a player who calls someone from another country foreign, then the world has gone mad. Out of interest, what descriptive word are we supposed to use to describe somebody from another country if foreign is deemed as derogatory?

I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I think a bit of perspective is needed, and if we can't sign a player who calls someone from another country foreign, then the world has gone mad. Out of interest, what descriptive word are we supposed to use to describe somebody from another country if foreign is deemed as derogatory?
Why would you include the fact that he's from another country as part of an insult? You leave out plenty of other information that isn't derogatory. You're looking to insult the man, not sketch out a rough biography using the life facts at your disposal. It is not much of a stretch to say that it has been included in the response because it was considered derogatory by the person saying it.

Why would you include the fact that he's from another country as part of an insult? You leave out plenty of other information that isn't derogatory. You're looking to insult the man, not sketch out a rough biography using the life facts at your disposal. It is not much of a stretch to say that it has been included in the response because it was considered derogatory by the person saying it.
I think he was called English and he responded with foreign. Trouble is with today's society you fall foul of the "WOK" police for having an opinion. Frankly I am glad I'm not a comedian. Let's just sign him and let him ruffle a few feathers

In this instance, Kane says it was in response to Canos' initial insult referencing his nationality, using the word English in his insult, as witnessed by Rob Dickie.

Yet the FA accepted Canos' version that he didn't say it and ignored Kane's and Dickie's evidence that he did. Sounds to me as if he was guilty before he got to the hearing and no amount of evidence, or mitigation, was going to change their mind, and this is where I think today's society is wrong. There has to be balance.

I think he was called English and he responded with foreign. Trouble is with today's society you fall foul of the "WOK" police for having an opinion. Frankly I am glad I'm not a comedian. Let's just sign him and let him ruffle a few feathers

You think he was, but in reality neither of us have any idea. Being offended at PC gone mad when you don't have a decent knowledge of the situation strikes me every bit as strange as the woke police being offended on behalf of everyone else.

In this instance, Kane says it was in response to Canos' initial insult referencing his nationality, using the word English in his insult, as witnessed by Rob Dickie.

Yet the FA accepted Canos' version that he didn't say it and ignored Kane's and Dickie's evidence that he did. Sounds to me as if he was guilty before he got to the hearing and no amount of evidence, or mitigation, was going to change their mind, and this is where I think today's society is wrong. There has to be balance.
For sure there has to be balance. And in my mind, there would be little difference between the two incidents, but I was answering your specific point about why people have an issue with 'foreign' being used in an insult.

I won't comment on what the FA did in a proceeding that neither of us have any detailed knowledge of, regarding an incident none of us saw and that most of us probably didn't hear about until Kane was linked to us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom