Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely we are doing very nicely thankyou we don't want KR and his staff going anywhere just more of the same please is there another hidden gem incoming. 🤞

I'd be amazed if he doesn't and expect him to agree a contract extension soon. It's certainly been discussed.
Hope so. A new contract with a release clause next summer at the bear minimum I hope. interesting that both Boyle and cadden are out of contract next summer, wonder if we will revisit these in a years time

So could someone in the know give a final answer on this - because I've been trying to look it up, but can't find a conclusive answer - did the EFL stick to their guns with the squad size cap this season, or did it get scrapped? And if so, what is it? I've seen 20, I've seen 22, and I've seen 22 but goalkeepers don't count, I've seen 22 but goalkeepers and U21s don't count.......

By my count, we've got 21 certainties for registration for the 2021/22 season (Eastwood, Stevens, Long, Moore, Thornley, McNally, Mousinho, Seddon, Gorrin, Brannagan, Williams, Bodin, Henry, Sykes, Forde, McGuane, Agyei, Holland, Winnall, Taylor). In my count, I've not registered Cooper, Hanson or Osei.

But I don't know if we need to register McNally because he's 21? And I don't actually know if there's still a cap at all?

If the answer is Yes, we do and Yes, there is......then we're surely only going to be able to bring in one more? And that's even for allowing for us not registering the fringe guys and long-term injured. In which case it has to be another fullback.
It would be nice to have someone to spell Gorrin as well - but would we have to ship someone else out to allow us to make that signing?

So could someone in the know give a final answer on this - because I've been trying to look it up, but can't find a conclusive answer - did the EFL stick to their guns with the squad size cap this season, or did it get scrapped? And if so, what is it? I've seen 20, I've seen 22, and I've seen 22 but goalkeepers don't count, I've seen 22 but goalkeepers and U21s don't count.......

"They no longer have to work within the controversial salary cap, set at £2.5million for third-tier clubs, after the measure was scrapped in February.

But the U’s must follow the Salary Cost Management Protocol, which allows them to spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure, excluding those aged under 21.

Squad caps are still in place but have been altered to limit clubs to a maximum of 22, excluding goalkeepers and players aged under 21."

By my count, we've got 21 certainties for registration for the 2021/22 season (Eastwood, Stevens, Long, Moore, Thornley, McNally, Mousinho, Seddon, Gorrin, Brannagan, Williams, Bodin, Henry, Sykes, Forde, McGuane, Agyei, Holland, Winnall, Taylor). In my count, I've not registered Cooper, Hanson or Osei.

But I don't know if we need to register McNally because he's 21? And I don't actually know if there's still a cap at all?

If the answer is Yes, we do and Yes, there is......then we're surely only going to be able to bring in one more? And that's even for allowing for us not registering the fringe guys and long-term injured. In which case it has to be another fullback.
It would be nice to have someone to spell Gorrin as well - but would we have to ship someone else out to allow us to make that signing?
Thankfully KR will know the ins and outs.

The failure not to sign another defender is already looking utterly idiotic. I suspect we will see just how idiotic this afternoon.
Kip, I’ll make you a deal. I’ll stop accusing you of being a Scumdump plant sent to destabilize the Oxford fan base if you promise to punch yourself in the face and post pics proving the damage you’ve done to yourself every time you say something “utterly idiotic.” Mind you, we, the denizens of this message board, get to decide what qualifies.

I think we are only 2/3 players short of becoming a promotion chasing side who can go all the way

1st would be Full Back Cover, I think we have to accept now Sam Long will always pick up injuries (he has throughout his OUFC career) nows the time to get competition in that right back position, we’ve always wanted Chris Cadden back as our 2 options at RB but never got him back, Forde does a job but it’s always an area when Long’s out injured it weakens us slightly

Left back cover is less important even tho I think we could do with a option in there but Seddon not someone who’s known for having injuries in the past & with Thorniley or Long if fit as options if we are desperate,

Defensive Midfielder upgrade needed, Gorrin I thought yesterday was excellent for the first 30 minutes then he lost the ball in the middle of park then picked up yet again a stupid booking in the 1st half which again affected his performance throughout the rest of the game & was lucky not to get a 2nd booking twice in the 2nd half, we need another option in that position as I don’t want Brannagan being dragged back there,

As for the rest of the squad it looks like we’ve got enough quality in theses positions
Goalkeepers ✅
Centre Backs ✅
Attacking Midfielder ✅
Wingers ✅
Strikers ✅

I think we are only 2/3 players short of becoming a promotion chasing side who can go all the way

1st would be Full Back Cover, I think we have to accept now Sam Long will always pick up injuries (he has throughout his OUFC career) nows the time to get competition in that right back position, we’ve always wanted Chris Cadden back as our 2 options at RB but never got him back, Forde does a job but it’s always an area when Long’s out injured it weakens us slightly

Left back cover is less important even tho I think we could do with a option in there but Seddon not someone who’s known for having injuries in the past & with Thorniley or Long if fit as options if we are desperate,

Defensive Midfielder upgrade needed, Gorrin I thought yesterday was excellent for the first 30 minutes then he lost the ball in the middle of park then picked up yet again a stupid booking in the 1st half which again affected his performance throughout the rest of the game & was lucky not to get a 2nd booking twice in the 2nd half, we need another option in that position as I don’t want Brannagan being dragged back there,

As for the rest of the squad it looks like we’ve got enough quality in theses positions
Goalkeepers ✅
Centre Backs ✅
Attacking Midfielder ✅
Wingers ✅
Strikers ✅

Bang on, but I can't help think that Karl may take a punt on Will Grigg and ship out someone on loan to accommodate him.

Bang on, but I can't help think that Karl may take a punt on Will Grigg and ship out someone on loan to accommodate him.
Trouble is I don’t see Grigg an upgrade on Winnall I see them both as equal as each other, neither hold the ball up well enough, Winnall movement off the ball is nowhere near as good as Taylor who reads the games well, 2 years ago when we only had Taylor who was injured quite a bit & Mackie as our only option 100% we needed him then unfortunately Sunderland wouldn’t let him come to us, now I wouldn’t to see Taylor Winnall Grigg as our 3 option & Ayegi leaving, it would have to be Taylor, Ayegi who offers something different pace -hold up play, then either Winnall or Grigg

Trouble is I don’t see Grigg an upgrade on Winnall I see them both as equal as each other, neither hold the ball up well enough, Winnall movement off the ball is nowhere near as good as Taylor who reads the games well, 2 years ago when we only had Taylor who was injured quite a bit & Mackie as our only option 100% we needed him then unfortunately Sunderland wouldn’t let him come to us, now I wouldn’t to see Taylor Winnall Grigg as our 3 option & Ayegi leaving, it would have to be Taylor, Ayegi who offers something different pace -hold up play, then either Winnall or Grigg

Grigg last season scored more goals for mk dons in half a season then Winnal did for us in the full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom