Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. Not sure why he’s been mentioned quite as often as he has been then? He’s played CM and as a CAM. Maybe he’s versatile? Interesting.
From what I can tell, he has been mentioned by one account on Twitter with 22 followers. From watching video he has mainly played on the left

OI! Stop besmirching the Nick Cusack legacy. Only player to get people in the LRT attempting the Cossack dance. Not great at football, mind...

giphy.gif

Right-side London Road Terrace a lot more boisterous behind him than I recall, but then my memory isn’t what it used to be.

Cusack also seems to have had a yard more pace than I’d given him credit for.

Last edited:
I remember the Cusack chant from the London Road. Tetris tune followed by CUSACK!! which eventually morphed into FULL SACKS!!!

Not entirely how I remember the London Road Terrace behind him, but then my memory isn’t what it used to be.

Cusack also seems to have a yard more pace than I’d given him credit for.
I can forgive your haziness, that clip was taken round the back of the LRT, between the gents and the refreshments kiosk, outside the small shack the program seller used to be in.

Nick Cusack good signing from Darlington if I remembered that right?

Right-side London Road Terrace a lot more boisterous behind him than I recall, but then my memory isn’t what it used to be.

Cusack also seems to have had a yard more pace than I’d given him credit for.

Totally agree also known as the bear pit 😉

I remember Cusack having a go at dicks, West Ham’s dicks crapped himself and he was supposed to be hard

Don't mind Cam Bran playing as a CDM when we're chasing a game, but those should *hopefully* be rare moments. Currently we only have Gorrin and dare I say it Mousinho who can play that position, so as it stands I can see Bran needing to play there, which will be disappointing.

He has so much untapped potential playing further forward, it would be nice have Gorrin + one more physical defensive midfield tackler/bruiser/warrior. Then Bran can focus on the creative side of his game, possibly even chipping in with more goals from midfield too.

Don't mind Cam Bran playing as a CDM when we're chasing a game, but those should *hopefully* be rare moments. Currently we only have Gorrin and dare I say it Mousinho who can play that position, so as it stands I can see Bran needing to play there, which will be disappointing.

He has so much untapped potential playing further forward, it would be nice have Gorrin + one more physical defensive midfield tackler/bruiser/warrior. Then Bran can focus on the creative side of his game, possibly even chipping in with more goals from midfield too.
I’d like Gorrin at the base of the midfield with McGuane ahead of him, and Brannagan further ahead of those two! That’s the right balance of physicality, power and ball playing midfielders. We have so many good options in midfield! Sykes and Henry can play that more advanced roll as well. We really are spoilt for choice!

Last edited:

Agree. Cam does a great job at CDM but for me he is wasted there and should play further forward and be in and around the box when we attack. We know what he can do when he is playing that role.

Brannagan was in the Gorrin role during our great run-in, don't forget. Even so it would be good to sign some horrible bastard to sort out shitty Fleetwood and Wycombe when necessary.
He was decent there, but I think I echo the sentiments of many that he's wasted there and can be far more effective further forward. If we can get a cruncher in who'll give the midfield more bite then we should do it. I don't like the idea that your backup DM is your starting CM, it's not a good way to build a squad.

Brannagan was in the Gorrin role during our great run-in, don't forget. Even so it would be good to sign some horrible bastard to sort out shitty Fleetwood and Wycombe when necessary.
Brannagan would do a great job at left-back if he was needed there (no-one tell Karl I said that though!)

But in terms of where we want him playing 50-60 matches this season, it's in a positive CM role.

Cam is better further forward. I remember when he was in great form, he was instrumental in two well worked goals at Ipswich that Taylor scored right before half time, and the great strike at Rotherham scored by Fosu. He also scored a cracker at Accrington when we drew 2-2 that same season.

Last season he was so unlucky with the eye infection he picked up, and then had to play in the Gorrin role, because of injuries! On the whole he did well, but he’s so much more effective further forward in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom