Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't seen a lot of Sam Long in pre-season so I would expect we start with Thorne at right back for the first few games

We haven't seen a lot of Sam Long in pre-season so I would expect we start with Thorne at right back for the first few games
George left us a while ago.

I'd expect Forde to fill in at RB... what else is he really here for as we have plenty of other midfielders.

Having said that, we really should have proper backups for both full back positions ( no more wingers needed).

If you're talking about Thorne, then you haven't seen a lot of Oxford in the past couple of seasons. And if you're talking about Thorniley, he's a left-footed centre half who can only really deputise at left back.

George Thorne represented a truly bizarre moment. It’s not often that you’re warned it’s dangerous to put a player on a football pitch and then sign them twice.

Hope he’s finding his way post-football. Always felt for him. His inability to stop trying to come back showed how much he didn’t want to give up on the game that he loved. It must have been eating him up for him to go through that, but I’m glad that he finally stopped before something went badly wrong. Being retired at 27 is bad enough without throwing a wheelchair into the equation.

….but could he do a job at full back?

I expect KR to have a change of heart and sign another CDM before the window shuts. Possibly a bit of a statement signing once the takeover has been completed.

• React
Reactions: n1
I expect KR to have a change of heart and sign another CDM before the window shuts. Possibly a bit of a statement signing once the takeover has been completed.
Fran Villalba from Birmingham City would be my shout. Done deal according to a fair few posts that I’ve seen on Twitter..

Maybe the plan in to put CB in CDM and get a replacement for him if that is the case I’d rather Sykes I think this could be a big season for him

Maybe the plan in to put CB in CDM and get a replacement for him if that is the case I’d rather Sykes I think this could be a big season for him
KR has already stated the plan is to move him further forward again this season.

• React
Reactions: m
Yeah Villalba seems to be going back to Spain, apparently with Sporting Gijon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom