Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the lack of creditable rumours being posted on here just shows how the most prolific ITK'ers are really not ITK. Rather than the most prolific ITK'er making up stuff, we've had the odd single post popping up from a poster not usually associated with being ITK. i.e. Seddon sounds like a done deal..

I really hope we see the Klaxon soon.

why are people from oxford so negative generally, not just the footie fans. We just love to moan and whinge. We are in our best position in the pyramid for over 20 years probably. Cheer up for gods sake.
Yes I often feel this, not originally being from these parts but coming from a more positive, 'go for it!' area. We've got our best team for twenty-odd years, and while there are obviously some problems and worries it's a shame not to enjoy them more while they are here.

Sometimes KR does himself no favours by announcing he’s going to get business done early then when it doesn’t happen fans get frustrated. In KR defence some of the players u wouldn’t normally get become available closer to the transfer window closing for various reasons like holding on for a maybe better deal or a higher division club may come in or managers want to see there players in pre season to assess if there going to feature for them . It’s a game of chess , a complete waiting game to see if u can get that better player to play in our division .

So….. required: replacement left back and cover for left back. Cover (or first choice) centre back. Robust midfielder. Two wingers (KR’s words)
Still required: er ….. see above.
“We’ll get our business done early this season.”
Yup.
We got Williams, Bodin and McGuane in early.
Clearly the left back position is the critical one.
I struggle with understanding why we need 2 more wingers. Cooper, Williams, Bodin, Agyei (ducks). Having Whyte in and that would do me!
I reckon CB and maybe Harrison, Left Back and one top winger and we would be in a decent place.
With regard to left back cover, has Elechi developed enough?

I struggle with understanding why we need 2 more wingers. Cooper, Williams, Bodin, Agyei (ducks). Having Whyte in and that would do me!
I reckon CB and maybe Harrison, Left Back and one top winger and we would be in a decent place.
God yes let's not sign loads more wingers. Once we have two defenders we must be near to the squad cap anyway?

Someone has probably done a list
BOY HAVE I!

GK: Stevens, Eastwood

RB: Long
CB: Moore, McNally, Mousinho
LB:

CDM: Gorrin, Hanson
CM: Brannagan, McGuane, Henry, Forde, Sykes
RW: Williams, Bodin
LW: Cooper

ST: Taylor, Winnall, Agyei

17 outfield players over 21 plus two keepers, unless I’ve missed anyone. Have left Osei out for now. If it’s the anticipated 22+ keepers for the cap then there would be five slots left.

With reference to this lad from Pompey
You take a risk every time you sign a player
Some come off some don’t, one example I would give is Mowatt
Never really turned up for us thought he was a good worker and steady but wouldn’t put him in an outstanding midfielder for OUFC bracket at that time
And yet there he is in the Championship doing an excellent job
Just didn’t work out for us at the time
Most of the signings recently have paid off
Dickie, Atkinson, Whyte yet when they signed we were all sayin Who? Surely there are better known players out there
So in essence let’s give all players a chance.
Pompey may have come up with a gem or they may not,
why are people from oxford so negative generally, not just the footie fans. We just love to moan and whinge. We are in our best position in the pyramid for over 20 years probably. Cheer up for gods sake.
See previous post of Cheltenham Yellow.

With the defensive naivety he's shown in the friendlies, he's definitely not ready. A good loan spell is what he needs. Elechi, as first defensive cover would be a huge mistake, and potentially damage his confidence.

BOY HAVE I!

LB:

17 outfield players over 21 plus two keepers, unless I’ve missed anyone. Have left Osei out for now. If it’s the anticipated 22+ keepers for the cap then there would be five slots left.
Oh OK, stick Derek in then, and we could sign up to four players. Just not all wingers

Oh OK, stick Derek in then, and we could sign up to four players. Just not all wingers
Osei-Yaw won't be registered. It's why Karl is still looking at bringing two more wingers in and he's been playing with U23/U18 lineups recently

I mostly agree, If we got Whyte, I would like to see a pacy left winger come and give us a different option on the left. I like Cooper and hope he plays, he is skillful but NOT pacy.

I would like to see us sign a top top Leftback at this level and use Elechi as backup. Another Striker would be nice, in the mould of Ellis Simms in case Winnall doesn't make it...

BOY HAVE I!

LB:

Agyei as a striker?

Could work I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom