Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see that this has been covered already.

Scottish season has started as ridiculously early as usual, with Dundee United making a League Cup trip away to new boys Kelty Hearts.

Jamie Robson didn't feature, with consternation on the Arabs' twitter feed as to whether he was just injured, or already headed southbound, driving from Dundee (in his bare feet).
My second team Ayr United lost on pens to Albion Rovers. Cue fan meltdown on Facebook. Same the world over ...

Getting a little twitchy now tbh.

However a new left back (x2) , centre half, physical CM, and Harrison type centre forward (to offer something different and bring Taylor into play) are key positions.
No way do we need those 5 signings.

All I’d say we NEED are: (presuming we don’t sell anyone else)

1. A first choice left back (assuming that Elechi is good enough to be cover)
2. Another centre back
3. A pacy left winger

So 3 important signings, of hopefully decent players. Get 3 top quality, high ability players in for those three positions and we’ll have a strong squad:

GK: Stevens, Eastwood

RB: Long, Forde
CB: Moore, New CB, McNally, Mousinho
LB: New LB, Elechi

DCM: Gorrin, Hanson
CM: Brannigan, McGuane, Sykes, Clare

RW: Williams, Bodin, Henry
LW: New LW, Cooper
ST: Taylor, Agyei, Winnall

That would give us a squad of 24 and at least 2 players in every position, with some like Forde, Hanson, Henry and Sykes being able to fill in for a few different positions.

Now if Elechi isn’t good enough yet you might want two left backs, one to start and one to develop, and I wouldn’t say no to a Gavin Whyte, Ellis Harrison or any decent PL/Championship loan in almost any position on the pitch; but in terms of what we actually still need, I’d argue that it’s just the three more signings at the moment.

2. Another centre back
3. A pacy left winger

So 3 important signings, of hopefully decent players. Get 3 top quality, high ability players in for those three positions and we’ll have a strong squad:

That would give us a squad of 24 and at least 2 players in every position, with some like Forde, Hanson, Henry and Sykes being able to fill in for a few different positions.

Now if Elechi isn’t good enough yet you might want two left backs, one to start and one to develop, and I wouldn’t say no to a Gavin Whyte, Ellis Harrison or any decent PL/Championship loan in almost any position on the pitch; but in terms of what we actually still need, I’d argue that it’s just the three more signings at the moment.
I agree, though is Bodin going to be on the left maybe?

2. Another centre back
3. A pacy left winger

Is that side good enough for promotion though?
Think we need more than 3 signings, some of which should push players from that squad out of first choice.

2. Another centre back
3. A pacy left winger

Cast your mind back to those games against Sunderland, Blackpool, and Accrington to name just a few.

We had a soft underbelly and those 3 signings in those positions above would not address the problem.

I agree 5 signings would be an ideal scenario but we do need some experience and steel in the middle of the park. We also have a big problem when Taylor is isolated and a plan B is needed.

I wouldn't also be surprised to see Gavin Whyte back on loan and even Browne.

We'll see what happens but hopefully lessons have indeed been learnt.

We all also know what a massive season it is for Dan Aygei and what he is capable of.

COYY

Is that side good enough for promotion though?
Think we need more than 3 signings, some of which should push players from that squad out of first choice.

If rumours are true, we'll only be able to have 22 senior players (excluding Keepers) so others would have to be u21 unless players go out or if Elechi is back up LB then we'd have 1 space.

There will be 2 or 3 out of contract "trialists" heading off on the training camp and they are likely to be joined by two new signings if the deals are completed early this week. I was told to expect a left back (Robson?) announced early in the week and a centre back (Boyle?) before the City game but we know what came of these whispers in the past!!

Either way, you'd expect things to start moving this week and it was at the same stage last season where 3 or 4 signings were announced so a repeat will be good!
Steve Seddon.

Steve Seddon.

A good shout for your first post! Not a name I've heard mentioned but a player with promise that needs to find a club to settle at after a number of loans. Can play across the defence but naturally left footed and has a bit of pace to push further forward.

Given a one year deal at Birmingham to give them a nominal fee in return but unlikely to cost more than £200k

Wishlst to throw out there.

Browne/Middleton lw
Whyte rw
Hornby cf
Mayo rch/ dcm
Gibson/Brown lcb/lb
Masterson rch/rb

Last edited:
A good shout for your first post! Not a name I've heard mentioned but a player with promise that needs to find a club to settle at after a number of loans. Can play across the defence but naturally left footed and has a bit of pace to push further forward.

Given a one year deal at Birmingham to give them a nominal fee in return but unlikely to cost more than £200k
He was at Wimbledon last season wasnt he?

There will be 2 or 3 out of contract "trialists" heading off on the training camp and they are likely to be joined by two new signings if the deals are completed early this week. I was told to expect a left back (Robson?) announced early in the week and a centre back (Boyle?) before the City game but we know what came of these whispers in the past!!

Either way, you'd expect things to start moving this week and it was at the same stage last season where 3 or 4 signings were announced so a repeat will be good!
Scotchers have a word with your contact to whisper a little louder, last week he/she was telling you we were signing Tomlinson & Tucker, the week before it was Ogilvie and Kerr, previous to that it was Cadden and Bedeau! Who will it be next, Seddon and ?

Scotchers have a word with your contact to whisper a little louder, last week he/she was telling you we were signing Tomlinson & Tucker, the week before it was Ogilvie and Kerr, previous to that it was Cadden and Bedeau! Who will it be next, Seddon and ?
Sounds like the shortlist of proposed title characters of a new ITV detective series...

I’d argue that it’s just the three more signings at the moment.

Playing devils advocate. He said 5.
But one could argue that Elechi isn’t considered good enough so that’s 4 players. Also that either of McNally or Mous might also not be thought good enough so 5 isn’t so far off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom