Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all conjecture though isn't it? We don't know what happens or how the club conducts things - or what the imperatives to raise cash are. I admit it sometimes seems like this but is that because someone starts a rumour here which is then repeated endlessly?
Repeated endlessly?

• React
Reactions: m
When the right offer come along, just not the first offer.

I don't think any realistic Oxford fan disputes that (despite apparently having billionaire owners) we will always sell to clubs above us in the pyramid. I just think that lots of us get (reasonably) disgruntled when the club puts up a mere whimper in protest when other clubs appear to dictate the terms of their sales, or auction the player to improve the price when's there's interest from more than one other club.

I understand most of the negotiation goes on behind the scenes in the modern football world, but it would be nice if just once, the club played hardball and told a contracted player that they're a required, and to knuckle down and honour the contract they've signed.

I think a lot of us would feel happier investing our hard-earned if it was evident that despite their bluster, the club weren't going to be trampled on every time, until the end of time.

Where does the impression that we are a "soft touch" come from? Is it anything other than fans claiming that our players are "worth more" than we receive?

We have to sell when the right offers come along. Just look at Baptiste. We get an excellent offer. Many here complain about us selling him. Within weeks he gets injured and plays no part in brentford promotion. So if he stayed here we would now have an injured player of less value and the club would not have the cash to reinvest. Every decision is a balancing act. KR and the team do what they think is best for all parties. Some on here just need to get their heads out of the sand and get real
Am I missing something here? Why would he have necessarily been injured at the Kassam?

Baptiste is turning out to be a bit of a sicknote!
It’s a real shame for him tho because he had loads of potential could of went to the top of the game if it wasn’t for injury’s unfortunately instead of playing for a very good team I could see him maybe back in league one

I think selling Baptiste was the best bit of business we have done in the last few years. 1.75mil (wasn’t it?) for a player that had only played one full season for us, had a bit of a dodgy injury record, and now he’s out with a long-term injury at Brentford.

I think selling Baptiste was the best bit of business we have done in the last few years. 1.75mil (wasn’t it?) for a player that had only played one full season for us, had a bit of a dodgy injury record, and now he’s out with a long-term injury at Brentford.
More than 1.75 Million

I see Rangers are letting a winger go on loan again this season with 5 clubs interested.

Wonder if they'll do the same with Barker and preferably to us

According to Google, it was 2.25mil plus add-ons. Considering Rob Rickie went for not a lot more than that, that is unbelievable business from the board!
I thought it was 3.5 for both Baptiste and Fosu with Fosu going for 750k but also add ons for Baptiste but because of his injuries we haven’t earned any

Just not true.

The past two seasons put your statement into the 'inaccurate' folder. Other than a mistake from Browne and Eastwood, we were likely to get promotion (having sold the likes of Baptiste, Fosu, Whyte, etc etc let alone the players from Eales era) and last season we reached the play-off semi's having sold Dickie.

It's quite possible.
We shall see!

I thought it was 3.5 for both Baptiste and Fosu with Fosu going for 750k but also add ons for Baptiste but because of his injuries we haven’t earned any
Possibly, but that’s not what I’ve seen online. If you Google ‘Shandon Baptiste transfer fee’ it’s the first thing that comes up. 2.25mil plus add-ons. However, if you are right, and it was 2.75mil, that just further emphasises my point haha.

Possibly, but that’s not what I’ve seen online. If you Google ‘Shandon Baptiste transfer fee’ it’s the first thing that comes up. 2.25mil plus add-ons. However, if you are right, and it was 2.75mil, that just further emphasises my point haha.
It was what was being quoted at the time of the transfers but as it was undisclosed it may not be 2.25 plus add ons or 3.5 plus add ons ha ha

Brentford and Peterborough say otherwise…

2 clubs shopping in different spaces on different scales but very comparable models. You can absolutely win this way and it's odd to me to say we will never go up when you've seen 2 play off campaigns in a row - remarkable consistency for a seemingly flawed model...
Theirs is/at a slightly higher end caliber of player though - I’m not saying our model doesn’t work but selling a player after only 1 season isn’t ideal, like other have said if it was 2/3 years then totally different, I’d be happy if Cameron wanted a move as he’s been loyal and he deserves that

Theirs is/at a slightly higher end caliber of player though - I’m not saying our model doesn’t work but selling a player after only 1 season isn’t ideal, like other have said if it was 2/3 years then totally different, I’d be happy if Cameron wanted a move as he’s been loyal and he deserves that
I Wouldn’t be happy if Cameron wanted a move.

I saw KR in the boozer earlier and offers have been made for...

Denis Srbeny - German forward from SC Paderborn, played in England for Norwich a few yrs ago.

Matt Jay - English Forward from Exeter City.

Jaroslaw Jach - Defender, Crystal Palace.

Im in the know, you know.

I saw KR in the boozer earlier and offers have been made for...

Denis Srbeny - German forward from SC Paderborn, played in England for Norwich a few yrs ago.

Matt Jay - English Forward from Exeter City.

Jaroslaw Jach - Defender, Crystal Palace.

Im in the know, you know.
We are looking at someone from Crystal Palace but not sure who but he’s a younger player under 25 I’m lead to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom