Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so you think that all of the players kneeling are doing so because they specifically are supporting BLM as an organisation and want to promote its aims? Despite everyone (including those players) saying that they are kneeling to show their feelings about racism?

That seems more than a bit unlikely.
They’re doing it through fear of scrutiny. I think if half of the players were honest, they really don’t give a s**t. They just want to play football.

They’re doing it through fear of scrutiny. I think if half of the players were honest, they really don’t give a s**t. They just want to play football.
So people are booing then *not* because they are all BML supporting Marxists (including the non-black players) but because people think they are doing something because they are scared of not doing it? So why boo them for doing it then? It makes no sense.

So people are booing then *not* because they are all BML supporting Marxists (including the non-black players) but because people think they are doing something because they are scared of not doing it? So why boo them for doing it then? It makes no sense.
They’re booing the gesture itself, not the players. Surely you can understand that?

But the gesture that the players are making is an anti-racism gesture NOT some sort of Marxist BLM demo. Surely you can understand that?
But they’re linked? The very gesture is deep rooted in the BLM ideology. It all started because of police brutality in America - something which has NOTHING to do with our country, or sport for that matter. And then it was hijacked by BLM, and has since become a political gesture/movement. I’m against racism, but I’m not going to be made to feel ashamed of being white. It’s not about equality, it’s subservient.

Are you aware of what Sasha Johnson, the BLM UK leader has said about white people in recent months? Ironically, she made those comments about white people a couple of months before she got shot in the head by a group of black men..

Cause ya know, Black Lives Matter and all that.

Last edited:
Knowing that the kneeling is seen as divisive why not stand arms round shoulders and use that powerful symbol as anti racism or indeed any anti and we are all as one . We couid all applaud that I'm sure .
That's not a bad idea at all. The kneeling thing does seem to have become divisive (although I still think the reasons why it has are spurious) but maybe a different gesture with the same anti-racist meaning would get rid of that.

I'll just go and post some transfer rumours in the Black Lives Matter thread...
I had been very close to posting a request to take this to the 'Black Lives Matter' thread, but this is a great and subtle post. The side thread on this topic does appear to be winding down now, feel free to keep going on the correct thread though.

That's not a bad idea at all. The kneeling thing does seem to have become divisive (although I still think the reasons why it has are spurious) but maybe a different gesture with the same anti-racist meaning would get rid of that.
That’s my thinking anybody that is in the fence I think some could fall the wrong dude because they’re getting pissed off. Most normal human beings understand what it’s all about but as @LeftSideBoy Has alluded to it’s an American thing yes we’ve shown our support but now it is starting to get a bit tedious if people can’t understand what its all about they never bloody will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom