Transfer targets?

Robbo said he missed out on a player “to a top team” and he still wants a centre mid and striker!!!

And it continues...
I wonder who he means..? He’s not still talking about Karacan is he?

Karl has made himself look a bit stupid by going public with the Hoolahan business. You're only setting yourself up for a fall because it either happens with everyone expecting it or it doesn't happen and you look the fool. It feels like KR is searching for credit when there isn't any to be had.

Karl has made himself look a bit stupid by going public with the Hoolahan business. You're only setting yourself up for a fall because it either happens with everyone expecting it or it doesn't happen and you look the fool. It feels like KR is searching for credit when there isn't any to be had.

I think in future it might be worth ignoring what he says. For his own sake he needs some media training. Football fans shouldn’t judge a manager on his press conferences but it’s an obsession of the modern game. Look at the nonsense that surrounds Mourinho when he opens his mouth, or doesn’t. In some cases, managers help get themselves the sack by not thinking before they speak or sound bites are used by fans to take a chunk out of them after every loss. Pep c an example

Hopefully means Baptiste will be used more instead which his performances and effort have earnt. Imo, his development could be damaged if too many are ahead of him.

Couldn’t agree more.
Why sign a journeyman who will only limit the game development of one of our own bright young things?
It’s an interesting debate for sure.
What are we as a club? One which is set in producing young talent for future monies to keep us going?
One which is desperate for a promotion so we get in short-term players with no affiliation to the club apart from which comes with the monthly check?
Or can you do both? At league 2, probably. But the leap to the Champinship looks huge
Personally, I’d like to see baptiste involved every week. Get him 20 starts this season and let’s find out if we have a player on our hands. I’d like to see Lopes off the bench that many times this season with a handful of starts.
Might not happen though because we have the likes of Holmes, Browne and the extra player Kr is talking about, who it appears will be 30-plus.
Holmes, of course, is a fine player. We will win more games with him but we might not win more for our ethos.

He has done this a number of times over the summer. It's possible to be enthusiastic without letting the cat out of the bag (prematurely) over and over again. Personally I prefer to be pleasantly surprised when we sign a player with no great fanfare beforehand than to feel let down when we fail to sign players who have been trumpeted and never appear!
I'm also not bothered about signing many more players quickly reaching the end of their careers. I'd much rather see the likes of Baptiste, Whyte and Norman, even if they are a bit rough around the edges initially. Much more exciting and certainly better for the future of the club.

Couldn’t agree more.
Why sign a journeyman who will only limit the game development of one of our own bright young things?
What are we as a club? One which is set in producing young talent for future monies to keep us going?
One which is desperate for a promotion so we get in short-term players with no affiliation to the club apart from which comes with the monthly check?
Or can you do both? At league 2, probably. But the leap to the Champinship looks huge
Personally, I’d like to see baptiste involved every week. Get him 20 starts this season and let’s find out if we have a player on our hands. I’d like to see Lopes off the bench that many times this season with a handful of starts.
Might not happen though because we have the likes of Holmes, Browne and the extra player Kr is talking about, who it appears will be 30-plus.
Holmes, of course, is a fine player. We will win more games with him but we might not win more for our ethos.

We are on 3 points, we need to stay up. Baptiste could have a huge role to play in that, but the squad is thin at CM and we need to strengthen there.

Lewis McGugan another who I would like to see, Cobblers fans rated him last season and decent pedigree.

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more.
Whatever people think of KR he has historically brought on young player's.
So getting a new player in doesn't mean that he won't do that.
We need a bit of both as they are not mutually exclusive.
So bring on young player's (KR has already used Whyte, Lopez and Baptiste this season more than some our previous managers would have.
Oh and develop young players but also go for Promotion

Robinson said that there were still good players out there and used Wes Hoolahan as an example of the quality we could be looking at. He said that we'd look to talk to him amongst others. Nothing has come of this, but don't think this makes KR look stupid it's just one of those things.

Robinson said that there were still good players out there and used Wes Hoolahan as an example of the quality we could be looking at. He said that we'd look to talk to him amongst others. Nothing has come of this, but don't think this makes KR look stupid it's just one of those things.
He said contact had been made.

Back
Top Bottom