Transfer targets?

IF you believe everything the ox mail publish as fact, then it's all too confusing to follow with their sound bite headlines.

They have said over many months KR and Tiger have had meetings about the budget, so we know that they had an agreed figure and based their targets on those figure, pretty standard stuff.
Now the ox mail imply KR is unhappy that the targets he wanted are not coming to fruition as quickly as possible, is that because the agents/players are playing hard ball and the monies required for each of those players has risen, so KR has the dilemma of decreasing his squad size to suit the budget with the increased player cost, or go back to Tiger explain the situation and get more finance released to cover for the higher than expected player costs, which if was the situation has been sorted.
The ox mail are a business and have a captive audience in Oxford supporters, anything just off the edge will increase their hit ratio and increase income.

So
IF you believe everything the ox mail publish as fact, then it's all too confusing to follow with their sound bite headlines.

They have said over many months KR and Tiger have had meetings about the budget, so we know that they had an agreed figure and based their targets on those figure, pretty standard stuff.
Now the ox mail imply KR is unhappy that the targets he wanted are not coming to fruition as quickly as possible, is that because the agents/players are playing hard ball and the monies required for each of those players has risen, so KR has the dilemma of decreasing his squad size to suit the budget with the increased player cost, or go back to Tiger explain the situation and get more finance released to cover for the higher than expected player costs, which if was the situation has been sorted.
The ox mail are a business and have a captive audience in Oxford supporters, anything just off the edge will increase their hit ratio and increase income.

So Dave Pritchard is spinning it for a bit of click bait revenue? Is that what you are saying LondonRoader?

I don’t think the post season transfer window has gone anywhere as well as KR had hoped.

Wasn’t someone going to be appointed to be a link between KR and Tiger? If the Oxmail article is written in the right context then it seems that things might start to move now that Tiger has had a face to face meeting with KR.

In other news has Curtis Nelson signed a new contract? If not then he is akin to a loan signing, if he has a strong first half of the season then there will be clubs in for him in January and he’ll only have 6 months left on his contract.

It does on the face of it seem a little confusing that at this relatively late stage, a face to face meeting was required to ascertain where KR stands over budgets etc. Surely this should all have been established by now.. But as others have said, maybe we’re all jumping on throw away comments and over analysing. Here’s hoping for some new faces in the coming days

Yes, & do we really believe Tiger came over from Thailand ..."for the day"? I reckon he came because the money he had promised KR is nowhere near enough to get Karl's choices over the line. Hopefully he saw the passion of the fans who were there last night & will get his cheque book ready. It's all getting a bit pressured though.

Unhappy manager = no push for promotion, why are we still in talks with the chairman over transfers, did they not talk about this months ago?? I do wonder what’s going on, we have a new training ground but what’s the point if we have no first team to use it?
We have no new up and coming players signed this window that are not loan players so can not sell on. We had been told most of the business would be done quickly but that’s turned out to be BS I’m not happy.

I imagine that KR and Tiger will be pulling their fingers out, now they know you’re not happy.

It does on the face of it seem a little confusing that at this relatively late stage, a face to face meeting was required to ascertain where KR stands over budgets etc. Surely this should all have been established by now.. But as others have said, maybe we’re all jumping on throw away comments and over analysing. Here’s hoping for some new faces in the coming days

Yes, & do we really believe Tiger came over from Thailand ..."for the day"? I reckon he came because the money he had promised KR is nowhere near enough to get Karl's choices over the line. Hopefully he saw the passion of the fans who were there last night & will get his cheque book ready. It's all getting a bit pressured though.

Tiger made it to far more games last season from Thailand than most of the “i wasn’t at the game today Jerome” crew put together

Last edited by a moderator:

It is highly likely that the 4 players that KR spoke to yesterday were ones he has previously spoken to about coming here but their wage demands (or the percentage their parent club would like us to contribute) is just beyond the original budget set. It might be with just a minor tweak that doesn't stretch us too thinly might be enough to get these deals over the line. KR and the recruitment team have clearly identified the players they think will improve the squad, now its all about finalising those deals and doing everything possible without breaking the bank and jeapordising the financial stability of the club.

I asked the question as to whether or not Tiger actually has any money a few weeks ago, and the more time passes the more I'm convinced he doesn't. I think the fact that he has had to pass on transfer fees to DE as part of his payment plan shows that on its own, but the lack of activity with only three and a half weeks until the season starts doesn't bode well.

My opinion, and that is all it is, is that he's merely a fixer / middle man type who is hoping to sell off shares to very rich Thai businessmen, in the hope that they can fund promotion and therefore make the shares that he keeps himself more valuable. I do not think he has the funds and resources of his own. People can point to Dickie and Brannagan all they like, but there is no evidence that he actually funded them, and even if he did the combined fee was quite small - under 200k for the pair.

I'm not saying this to moan, or scaremonger, or anything like that. I'm simply saying that I think until he gets another shareholder on board there's only so much we can do. We've shed A LOT of wages since the summer, which is allowing some good quality loans to arrive and I do expect two or three more of those. That's great - we will get some excellent players for a few months. But it's temporary, and I think it's being done to keep things ticking over on the pitch while investors are found over the course of the next 6-12 months. At that point we may see some more permanent signings, possibly for fees, and of a really good standard.

If I'm wrong and we suddenly start bringing in really excellent players on permanent deals, great! Happy days, I would be delighted. But I'm not sure that's coming - at least on any meaningful scale - until someone with money turns up. Let's just hope for one or two more along with two or three more really high quality loans and see what we can do come August.

It is highly likely that the 4 players that KR spoke to yesterday were ones he has previously spoken to about coming here but their wage demands (or the percentage their parent club would like us to contribute) is just beyond the original budget set. It might be with just a minor tweak that doesn't stretch us too thinly might be enough to get these deals over the line. KR and the recruitment team have clearly identified the players they think will improve the squad, now its all about finalising those deals and doing everything possible without breaking the bank and jeapordising the financial stability of the club.

You mean players like payne who once their parent club received an offer of a higher % of wages was moved on?
still we can keep going through the same process season after season, after all the right type of players are always available in the jan window !!!

Again, to judge non-existent business as either good or bad is pretty stupid.

When the players come in, and they will, then we will have a clear udnerstanding of budgets and ambition.

Agreed. As frustrating as it is to not truly know what's going on, but there's not a lot we can do as fans to change anything. I must admit to being more and more concerned about our transfer dealings, but I'm still hopeful that we'll see some top quality additions before the window closes. If we're still significantly lacking in numbers and quality at that time, some serious questions will certainly need to be asked of Tiger and Eales.

I suggest that all those with concerns regarding our current squad situation have a bloody good moan on here. That should sort it out sharpish.

Groundhog time. Every season people bitch about the lack of players, or bitch about loans, or bitch that the chairman must put more of HIS money into the club, or bitch that the chairman is skint.
You can do sod all, so like Groundhog Day, learn to play the piano.

Groundhog time. Every season people bitch about the lack of players, or bitch about loans, or bitch that the chairman must put more of HIS money into the club, or bitch that the chairman is skint.
You can do sod all, so like Groundhog Day, learn to play the piano.

I haven't got a piano - so Tiger had better pay for me to get one pretty sharpish or it's proof he's got no money

Was he Sean? Thanks for clearing that up. He was also very close to being out the door in jan, and had offer from much higher up. But somehow a club with no money, ambition or ability to attract players, managed to convince him to sign a 3 year deal.

No worries mate, I know you like facts! Or it was personally convenient for him e.g. wife and children etc.

Where’s these amazing signings for the first team e.g. like Roofe, Johnson, Lundstrum, Ledson, Rothwell etc that met our previous model? which OxVox thought would happen?

Still hoping this will happen so won’t pass judgement too much until the transfer window shuts.

Oh, and have you seen KR’s comments in the Oxford Mail today re; his 2 1/2hr meeting with Tiger? Glad to hear that KR is NOW in a better mood re; transfer dealings which would suggest he wasn’t overly happy. And nice to know he can now pursue targets that he wanted to. All a bit frantic to then enable KR to engage with these targets which he had to do during the game. Not the best planning!!

Having said that, I thought KR had a budget meeting with Tiger some months ago and was happy with those discussions at the time which would also suggest that something may have shifted from those original talks with Tiger to the one yesterday for KR to feel happier again!

May be Karl had his head in the sand a bit too much over the last week on the beaches!

Don’t get me wrong, I will be more pleased than you if Tiger provides the dosh to back Karl like he said he would, but my gut feeling is that he’s mainly all talk.

At least it’s in the best interest for the club[emoji6]

Personally convenient or not we still got a player to sign a long deal that could have gone elsewhere on a lot more money.

I actually read kr’s comments that he happier now as it been agreed we can up offers for players we want rather than couldn’t afford them in the first place. That’s not such a far fetched theory when it also says interest is high in the players with champ clubs chasing as well.

There seems to be a lot of people almost rubbing their hands together in anticipation of pending failure. Almost wiling that it all goes wrong so they can shout haha see told u so. What a strange way to follow a team that u support. There are those of us that can acknowledge the concern, be cautious of the possibility but actually wait and see, and judge on things that actually happen.
Plus if as reported Mark Thomas also in meeting could also be update on available players/talks/wanted list

May be the figures were agreed in the initial meeting, but then Tiger wasn’t good to his word, hence why KR was frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom