Transfer targets?

Kal Naismith leaving Pompey. Would definitely take him here. Very good winger on his day

Has Naismith been released or would he require a fee? Why would Pompy let him go?

Released after failing to agree new terms. I see Tareiq Holmes-Dennis is also leaving to return to Huddersfield after his loan. Possible left back target for us..?

THD has been injured all season. Went off after 39mins in first game of season. There was no break clause in his loan so was technically a Pompey player all season even though he returned to Huddersfield very early.
So he is in need of a full preseason to get back to a basic level of fitness.

Last edited:
Released after failing to agree new terms. I see Tareiq Holmes-Dennis is also leaving to return to Huddersfield after his loan. Possible left back target for us..?

THD has been injured all season. Went off after 39mins in first game of season. There was no break clause in his loan so was technically a Pompey player all season even though he returned to Huddersfield very early.
So he is in need of a full preseason to get back to a basic level of fitness.

If he were fifteen years older he’d be perfect for Birmingham.

Naismith been released by Portsmouth, a goal every 4 games isn't a bad return for a winger. Maybe worth a look

If he were fifteen years older he’d be perfect for Birmingham.
Bitter, bitter OUFC I getting frustrated with the blame Pep undertone.

I strongly feel you need to BLAME your lord, master and CEO of hot dogs, I present Mr D Eales.

Re Joey, the paragraph in the Woody and Nord book about his performance in a youth team game always springs to mind. With his head straight and a season in the top flight I really think he could have solved England's left side problem at the time. A fantastic talent.
Wasted IMO.

Bitter, bitter OUFC I getting frustrated with the blame Pep undertone.

I strongly feel you need to BLAME your lord, master and CEO of hot dogs, I present Mr D Eales.
Whilst I agree we should all just move on, Eales can be blamed for employing Pep, but he backed his man whose recruitment was abysmal.
Why are you so anti Eales? The man brought us on leaps and bounds from where we were. We have had two Wembley trips, a promotion and signed some terrific players under his stewardship.
You are the one who comes across as bitter IMO.

Wasted IMO.
Beauchamp was/is the most talented player I have seen in 40+ years of watching OUFC. If he had taken his job seriously, he would have had a long top flight career and 20-30 England caps. Years later I met his agent at the time (through work). The agent was actually ok (ie he had a brain unlike BTBY), and said he just never understood why Beauchamp had so little ambition. Shame. But not for us I suppose!

Back
Top Bottom