Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portsmouth have brought in quality:

Ellis Harrison, Sean Raggett, Paul Downing, Ryan Williams and James Bolton.

Kenny Jackett wanted six new signings so one more deal to be done.

With Nelson gone, it's another position to fill. With a genuine first team squad of around 14 players, are the club backing KR? I fully agree it would be great to see tiger's talk come true, yet 1 player in and another 6 or so needed, with pre-season under way, do the board not understand the need for several weeks cohesion that's needed for a squad to gel.
As with last season, target's are biting the dust. To say that this pre-season is completely different to last season, to deny it ever happened.

no you're right, as ever certain things are a constant and in one particular place this pre season is very much the same as last

Portsmouth have brought in quality:

Ellis Harrison, Sean Raggett, Paul Downing, Ryan Williams and James Bolton.

Kenny Jackett wanted six new signings so one more deal to be done.
They also sold Matt Clarke for around 4.5m so bad s lot of money to reinvest. As well as probably selling Jamal Lowe.

Yes but the vast majority have not.
Sunderland for example want I believe 7 new players and have brought in 1?
Most have not signed many players

Have Sunderland signed anyone? I know SD was saying that they wanted to bring in 8 players, but they've also lost a few players and are still waiting for takeover/investment.

Portsmouth are doing a lot of business, but they've also just got a few quid in the bank which helps. As you say, most clubs are in the same boat as us and the next couple of weeks will be when things start hotting up.

no you're right, as ever certain things are a constant and in one particular place this pre season is very much the same as last

Couldn't agree more, the constant is the message of buying early, and the place is Oxford United.
You are being very disingenuous though to KR, who will get the players he needs in the end as he did last year, waiting an eon until Sam Smith joined.

You need to be a little more patient. It's your opinion though, and you are rightly entitled to it, just ignore the saps who may comment in such a way to deter your individualism.

Not that impressed by a signing that needs to have a trial to see if he is any good - unless he's for the u23s.
At this point we should have targets with known talents being signed for the senior squad.
I’m assuming it’s a player for the U23’s. I’d be a little concerned if we’re looking at overseas triallists to fill a position with very little experience in the squad this late in the day? Unless of course we’ve also got an experienced CB coming in.

Also, isn’t it a little difficult to impress a manager who’s in a car on route to Portugal? Unless he’s got an epic mixtape...

Come on Bazzer, you're better than that! Targets have been identified and deals put in place, but not everything will come off. Every club gets knock backs. The better the player, the more likely they will have other offers. If you look at Cadden, he's a young man looking to secure the next 3 years of his career. He is looking at moving hundreds of miles from home, and rightly wants to make sure that this is the right move for him. If that takes an extra week or 10 days, is that not reasonable?
My point scotchers isn’t what we’re not getting it’s the fact that we again seem to say things ie start early and we don’t deliver. Other teams are setting their stalls out by signing quality players with a purpose for promotion.

My point scotchers isn’t what we’re not getting it’s the fact that we again seem to say things ie start early and we don’t deliver. Other teams are setting their stalls out by signing quality players with a purpose for promotion.
I think Sunderland only start back with preseason training today or tomorrow. We are still early with one signing done, Fosu on the way and several more irons in the fire. If we've not got 2 or 3 more in within the next couple of weeks then I'll join you in panicking!

Unfortunately Washington appears to have chosen Hearts over us. The hunt for that striker goes on!

1 week into pre season and the squad looks a lot weaker than that which ended last season.....
So you know for a fact we were after Washington?

Unfortunately Washington appears to have chosen Hearts over us. The hunt for that striker goes on!

1 week into pre season and the squad looks a lot weaker than that which ended last season.....
But it looks stronger than at the same time last season....trust that players of sufficient quality will come in, it is early days although do need to get more players in over the next couple of weeks .

But it looks stronger than at the same time last season....trust that players of sufficient quality will come in, it is early days although do need to get more players in over the next couple of weeks .
Sign a striker and a centre back soon and we can chill, maybe a couple of late loans to bolster numbers plus the Ox City lad

Would not have been too sensible having a third NI squad player in our team during International call-ups for obvious reasons. Glad we're not going there to be honest, even if the link was tenuous at best.
Aside from the fact that three international call ups would allow us to postpone our fixture, whereas presently merely two means we can’t and therefore weakens the side for a game we have to play.

Not sure we were ever really in for him anyway, but even so.

I think Sunderland only start back with preseason training today or tomorrow. We are still early with one signing done, Fosu on the way and several more irons in the fire. If we've not got 2 or 3 more in within the next couple of weeks then I'll join you in panicking!
Not Panicking just disappointed with the usual “ I’ll start early them so called itk’s claiming this that, but just wish Gobbo hadn’t said anything to get people wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom